Lewes Nightlife

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Brewer's Arms

by barryg23 Written May 20, 2007
    Brewer's Arms

After we returned to Lewes from our hike at 8pm we went straight to the Brewer’s Arms for a drink. Their food menu looked very tempting and very good value but, unfortunately, they had stopped serving at 6.45 and according to the barman none of the pubs nearby served food at this time. We needed to rest for a while anyway, so we stayed here for a drink.

The Brewer’s Arms is a lovely pub, very relaxed and traditional with an excellent beer selection. They have many beers from the local Harvey’s brewery and I tried two of these, a Harvey’s Best Bitter and a Gateshead Gold. I enjoyed both very much, especially the Gateshead Gold. Ruth had a pint of Kent traditional cider. Very nice too, though she only found out after that it was 8%.

• All Saints Arts Centre: David Ford In Lewes

by Mariajoy Updated Dec 23, 2005

David Ford in his Footy team shirt!

All Saints Arts Centre (a former church) in Lewes was the venue for a two night charity gig "Milk and Cookies" by David Ford. They hold lots of other events there, music, theatre and cinema etc.

David Ford is a local lad, has a fabulous voice and his musical talent is astounding. He is supported by an equally (well... almost!) band. The show was funny, varied and exciting - I was laughing at the "Pick a number from the song book" where the audience called out a page number at random and David attempted (VERY well I might say) to play it unrehearsed and often not being familiar at all with the song. I cried at Davids version of Sinead O'Connors "Nothing Compares To You" on the massive old church organ with his back to the audience, it was THE most moving thing I have ever experienced at a gig. Go and see him if you get the opportunity - one of the great lesser known talents of the current singer/songwriter genre.

Dress Code: Warm - old churches are chilly.

• herzog63's Profile Photo

Lansdown Arms: Pub!

by herzog63 Updated Jul 8, 2003

Lansdown Arms

The Lansdown Arms is where I spent most of my evenings when I was in Lewes! It was a pretty nice place with friendly locals!! Lot's of local Atmosphere! And many pints of Beer!

Dress Code: Special requirement would be to have a few quid in your pocket!

• Beer Tasting

• All Saints Arts Centre: Same gig - slightly better camera - one year on

by Mariajoy Updated Dec 19, 2006

Same gig - one year later.. David Ford at All Saints arts centre in Lewes - £5 for a ticket to see this much talent is the best Christmas present anyone could have!

Dress Code: Anything

Instant Answers: Lewes

Comments

Lewes Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Lewes nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lewes sightseeing.