Lewes Restaurants

by srutland
    from their web site
    by KittyLou

Most Recent Restaurants in Lewes

• the dorset arms i think of it as a harvester: find the food with your salt

by skyman_i_am Written Aug 11, 2011

if you have any problems with salt this is not place for you
    i belive the group i was with spent over 1000 pound
    and as group had great fun tho dont belive we even
    got an glass of wine or port on the house
    tho i must say we did get about a table spoon of salt on are food
    the fish looked the best the beef stew with bit of pastre on top
    was a let down even for me
    tho cheese board was nice as all they had to do was open a packet
    and cut is

• White Hart Hotel: Don't ever eat here!!!

by srutland Written Jun 18, 2007

I will try to remain totally objective in my comments about this establishment. We booked at this hotel for a special occasion Sunday lunch it was generally very dirty, the child chair they gave us for our small child was filthy with food remnants that had not been cleaned. The chairs were covered in stains and very grubby. The waiters and waitresses suffered from lack of good management and were huddled together chatting and consequently not clearing tables or seeing to diners. The food was exceptionally poor quality and under cooked meat and over cooked vegetables. Flies were all over the deserts. We complained in what we thought a constructive way and the manager was indifferent to our experience. I urge you to save your money and if you are hungry in lewes go anywhere but here.

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Ask: Dinner in Lewes

by barryg23 Written May 20, 2007

After our long hike we were looking forward to a nice pub meal in Lewes. However, it was almost 8pm by the time we returned and none of the pubs we tried were serving food. We had a few pints in the Brewer’s Arms before going to eat at Ask, a chain restaurant specialising in Italian food, especially pizza. The food in Ask is standard Italian cuisine and we had a very nice meal here.

• themajor's Profile Photo

THE GARDEN CAFÉ: SMALL BUT PERFECTLY FORMED

by themajor Written Sep 21, 2005

A ROOM WITH A QUEUE

In truth the Garden Café is less of a restaurant and more of a hatchway but on a Summer's day the opportunity to take tea in the beautiful gardens of Southover Grange shouldn't be missed. There are few tables and chairs, in fact, unless things have radically changed recently, there aren't any. There are however nearby park benches and plenty of good English turf onto which to place your bottoms. (..'er, thats collectively of course - I'm not suggesting you have more than one each! If you do, a life in the circus almost certainly awaits!!) The only thing that might shatter your idyll is the unwelcome attention of a passing wasp - but if you wolf down cakes as quickly as I do, that's unlikely to last long.

I mean, what could be better than an egg and cress sandwich followed by a rock cake and a cup of tea with which to swallow it down? (Unless of couse you're a vegan coeliac in which case you'll just have to have the cuppa). 10am til 4pm daily during the Summer months.

Favorite Dish: The blessed egg and cress sarnie!

• zuriga's Profile Photo

The Needlemakers Cafe: Good lunch!

by zuriga Written May 3, 2005

This cafe had fresh salads, sandwiches and a nice assortment of cakes and biscuits. It's housed in an old factory, now the site of a lovely pottery shop and other craft businesses.

• KittyLou's Profile Photo

ASK: another ASK

by KittyLou Updated Aug 9, 2004

from their web site

On a windy rainy day the tomato basil soup was just what I needed to keep me going.

One note about the Ask menu for bread lovers: if you order garlic bread you get pizza crust, which is not that bad, but if you want crusty italian bread be sure to order the ciabatta bread.

Favorite Dish: From stopping at ASK restaurants in a few different towns I have decided that my favorite pizza is the Mediterranea-- pesto, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, rosemary & mozzerella. On the pasta side of the menu I like Fusilli al Rustic, a baked pasta with chicken, zucchini, & cheese.

• Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Lewes

Comments

Lewes Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lewes restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lewes sightseeing.