Coggeshall Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Coggeshall

Beaumanns Brasserie

by allikat Updated Oct 13, 2007

Beaumanns Brasserie.

Beaumanns Brasserie was on my 'wish list' for years before I finally got to eat here in August 2007. I enjoyed a wonderful lunch here with a girlfriend - the place wasn't overly busy, which I know it can be at weekends and of an evening. However we were thoroughly pampered and at twenty pounds a head we tucked into a shared starter of breads and went on to dressed crab with perfect French fries and a salad, followed by coffee, truffles and accompanied by a glass or two of crisp white wine. Excellent value, I thought and the food totally lived up to my expectations. Meals here can be more expensive though - we were making the most of the weekday lunchtime special.

• IeatTofu's Profile Photo

Ocean Fish & Grill: Our Local Chippy!

by IeatTofu Written Aug 20, 2006

Of course living in England, you need a decent Fish & Chip shop nearby! We love our neighborhood Chippy. It has recently changed hands and has a new owner and new name. In our opinon, it is much improved. Cleaner, brighter, friendlier, and the chips taste better than ever!

Favorite Dish: Chips, of course!! (No fish for this vegetarian, unfortunately, but friends always tell me the fish here is great.)

The Clock Tower

by allikat Written May 10, 2006

The Clock Tower Tea Rooms

A cute tea rooms which I used to visit often, The Clock Tower is something of a local landmark with its prominent Victorian tower overlooking the market place. A good place for a cosy cuppa and a slice of cake.

• Architecture

The White Hart Hotel

by allikat Written May 10, 2006

The White Hart Hotel

The White Hart Hotel is a fairly popular choice as a venue for a special meal. I have never stayed here (hence I haven't included it under Hotels and Accommodation!) but have enjoyed a couple of nice meals here. The building is quite old, dating back to the 15th Century, and you get far more of a sense of history from inside than you do from outside. There is a comfy lounge area, and as well as the main restaurant, there is a bar serving cheaper bar meals.

I have heard many local people describe the White Hart as being a little expensive, but from memory you would be looking at under ten pounds for a starter and closer to twenty pounds for an average main course.

Favorite Dish: I'm sure the menu changes, but last time I ate here the lobster was fantastic.

• alucas's Profile Photo

Baumanns Brasserie: One of the best !

by alucas Updated Apr 17, 2006

Baumanns Brasserie

Tip Under Construction

This restaurant used to be owned by Peter Langan (and called Langan's Brasserie) - before he came to a sudden end in 1988, and the restaurant was taken over by his chef, Mark Baumann.

We haven't eaten here for some years, but a friend does regularly, and it is supposed to be excellent !

• alucas's Profile Photo

The White Hart Hotel: Oak beams and excellent food

by alucas Written Feb 4, 2006

The White Hart, Coggeshall

I have written this as a restaurant tip because we have eaten there several times, but never actually stayed here - after all, Coggeshall is only 5 minutes down the road from where we live.

The restaurant is quite spacious, and has a great atmosphere, reflecting the age of the building. Exposed timber beams and studs in the walls can be rather overpowering, but when they are in a genuine 15th century building the effect is quite different.

The menu is Italian biased, with a good choice on the a-la-carte menu. There is also a menu of the day, and on Sundays there is a fixed-price lunch menu with a limited choice. The wine list is also extensive, including some extra-special bottles with prices to match. The food and service has been excellent every time we have been.

Expect to pay around 30 GBP per person for a three course a-la-carte dinner, plus drinks. The 3-course set-menu for Sunday lunch is 18.50 GBP per person.

The hotel is rated three-star (lack of facilities I presume in this ancient building) - but feels much better than this would indicate.

White Hart Hotel: Either Pub Grub or Fine Dining in one spot

by IeatTofu Updated Dec 21, 2005

The White Hart is a local Hotel that has both Pub food served in the bar area or fine dining in the formal dining room. Locals eat here and enjoy drinks in the cosy bar atmosphere. Nice upscale atmosphere.

The Clockhouse Tea Room: Local Tea Room

by IeatTofu Written Dec 21, 2005

The Clockhouse is our local Tea Room here in Coggeshall. They serve all sorts of tea in a cozy, traditionally English atmosphere. The Tea room is decorated with an eclectic mix of mismatched wooden tables and mismatched tea cups and tea pots, but this only adds to the charm. The Clockhouse seems to be run by two women - one does the cooking and the other waits on customers. They are very friendly and serve a variety of lunch meals - both hot and cold. They also have an extensive dessert menu, offering yummy tea cakes, apple crumble, etc. We go there just for tea and cakes a lot.

The Clockhouse offers both indoor and outdoor seating (in the warmer months).

Favorite Dish: Hot Chocolate cake with ice cream on top. Yum! Served with a pot of Earl Grey - heaven!

• Women's Travel

Baumanns Brasserie: Fine Dining in Coggeshall

by IeatTofu Updated Dec 21, 2005

Baumann's Brasserie

Baumann's is a nice special occasion restaurant for the locals of Coggeshall and I can highly recommend it. We have only eaten there once, but fully enjoyed our meal.

Instant Answers: Coggeshall

Comments

Coggeshall Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Coggeshall restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Coggeshall sightseeing.