Romford Travel Guide

Bear pub, Romford, UK.

Romford Things to Do

• planxty's Profile Photo

by planxty Written May 21, 2014

I am currently walking a long-distance footpath which circumnavigates the periphery of London and is called the London LOOP. If you are interested, I have compiled a series of travelogues which begin here. It was while walking one section of this that I happened upon the Bear pub in Noak Hill and decided to stop for a pint.

The Bear is one of those large "roadhouse" type of establishements that seems to be geared at least as much towards food as to drink. It is part of a chain (of which there are many in the UK), in this case the Sizzling Pubs group which,as the name suggests, seems to specialise in sizzling meat dishes. I didn't eat there myself but I did peruse the menu which seems to offer all the standard bar fare although it was fairly extensive. It had some good deals included like two main meals (selected dishes) for £7 which is good value in this day and age. The food I did see served seemed well enough presented.

I was attended to promptly by a friendly member of staff and seated myself in a comfortable chair to enjoy it. The surroundings were pleasant if a little formulaic which is usual in this type of place and the toilets spotless. Whilst I am not a huge fan of these types of places, I must say I can have no complaint about it and if you are looking for a drink in this area I would recommend it especially as there don't seem to be too many other options locally.

Bear pub, Romford, UK. Bear pub, Romford, UK.
    • Wine Tasting

• Gidea Park Hotel

115 Main Road, Romford, RM2 5EL, United Kingdom

Good for: Families

Instant Answers: Romford

Comments

Romford Travel Guide
Map of Romford