Broadway Local Customs

• evaanna's Profile Photo

A village in style

by evaanna Updated Aug 24, 2006

Ice cream seller, Broadway

In Broadway everything is elegant, exclusive and done in style, you have 'cashmere specialists', a special tea shop, expensive hairstylists, jewellery designed specially for you, luxury handmade chocolates from an old fashioned sweet shop, a golf club, to list but a few. There are also some high class hotels and restaurants for gourmets as well as numerous pubs and inns, all keeping the high standards. Now if you think that an ordinary street ice cream seller can't possibly keep up the style, look at this lady in High Street and her outfit. Doesn't she look charming?
    BTW, thanks for the ice cream, Alan, so refreshing on that hot day.

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

Thatched Roofs - Not a Dead Art

by CdnJane Written Jun 6, 2004
    Newly Thatched Roof

I could be in trouble for putting this in Broadway, because I am not 100% certain that this is where I took the picture. However, what caught my eye was the newly-thatched roof on the shop. I had seen some men, years before in Stratford, thatching a roof but while I didnt see this being thatched or re-thatched, it was obviously newly done. This is one of those building arts that I am glad has not fallen by the wayside. I am sure that the thatchers are becoming fewer and fewer, but that fact that some still are practicing the art is good to see.

• Architecture

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Rupert or Ranaldini? Snobs in any case.

by Sjalen Updated Feb 3, 2004
    Built in bus shelter

Here is Keith in a bus shelter. We were on a daytrip with our own food (that's how you can afford to travel when on four pounds an hour!) and since it was pouring down, we were lucky to find this luxurious bus shelter. Having said that, once in it, we started to feel like animals in a zoo as Volvo after Rover after Jag slowed down to stare at us! :-O

• Architecture
    • Seniors
    • Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Broadway

Comments

Broadway Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Broadway local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Broadway sightseeing.