Broadway Restaurants

Garfords...try the ploughmans lunch.
    by lou31
    Sticky Toffee Pudding
    by londonlover
  • Restaurants
    by bluedook

Most Recent Restaurants in Broadway

• coceng's Profile Photo

The Lygon Arms...: The Most Famous In England ?

by coceng Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Broadway in The Cotswold

Broadway is a border village in Worcestershire.
    It started as a possesion of The Benedictine Abbey of Pershore until 1539, where it was sold by the Crown & passed into private hands.
    These days, Broadway attracts writers & poets to wander its beautiful cottage houses...
    This first photo was taken by me infront of The Lygon Arms, being tipped as the most famous inn, in England ! Built around 1550...It is also one of the top hotels in The Cotwold !Please read more about THE LYGON ARMS [Please click or the link below...]

• Adventure Travel

• londonlover's Profile Photo

Goblets in the Lygon Arms: Historic atmosphere with good food

by londonlover Updated Apr 4, 2011

Very Satisfying Dining!

Goblets recently changed ownership and is still feeling its oats, according to our B&B hosts. However, it's off to a nice re-start, and we had a very nice dinner here among the wood paneling. Service was prompt and friendly, and it wasn't too crowded on a weeknight (it's open all day long). The menu is varied, but slightly limited for vegetarians.

Favorite Dish: The breaded and fried mozzarella balls on a bed of rocket greens and olive tampenade was great!

• SallyM's Profile Photo

The Inn and Brasserie at Childswickham: Country Pub

by SallyM Written Aug 17, 2008

This is a country pub that has, like many others, opted to concentrate on food. It's table service, but the menu is chalked up on a large board each day.

We went on a Sunday lunchtime, and roast beef with yorkshire pudding was available, but there was a good choice of other options. I went for duck confit and orange salad, followed by a vegetable risotto and the speciality damson ice cream for dessert. My other half chose moules mariniere, followed by roast beef, with sticky toffee pudding for dessert.

I would thoroughly recommend it for anyone passing through the Cotswolds, or maybe visiting Stratford-upon-Avon (it's only about 35-40 minutes away).

Favorite Dish: The vegetable risotto was heavenly - largely I think because of the generous quantity of parmesan cheese it contained. A friend who lives locally had raved about the damson ice cream so I had to try it. It is very good, but not quite the best ice cream I have ever tasted. It comes with cream and a meringue, but I think it might be set off better by a scoop of vanilla.

• Theater Travel

• evaanna's Profile Photo

The Horse and Hound: The Horse and Hound

by evaanna Updated Jan 16, 2007

The Horse and Hound, Broadway

This pub is situated in the main street of Broadway, very convenient for sightseeing. It serves traditional English home cooked food but as it was too hot to eat anything we just had drinks in the bar. It was quite pleasant inside, no disturbing music and not too hot - the thick walls keep it cool.
    The pub offers accommodation in rooms en suite, which would probably be cheaper than in a hotel. And it is so pretty and English from the outside I simply had to take a picture.
    Parking is free for patrons.

• Architecture

• lou31's Profile Photo

Garfords Coffee House and Tea Room: The second best meal I had in Britain

by lou31 Written Jun 19, 2005

Garfords...try the ploughmans lunch.

The award for the best meal I had in Britain goes to a pub in Henley but the meal I had at Garford's comes in a close second.
    I decided to have a bite to eat before I took on the Cotswold Way and just chose Garfords randomly. The meal was huge.
    Actually I couldn't eat it all. The lady there was very helpful and wrapped up the baguette for me to take away.

Favorite Dish: I had a Ploughman's Lunch. It looked so good I tucked straight in and forgot to take a photo of it!
    Slices of very nice ham, tomatoe and cucumber. Tossed salad and a generous dollop of the best coleslaw I have ever tasted!
    As well as this a large baguette cut in two.
    Price was only 4.75 pound and it was worth every penny.

• bluedook's Profile Photo

Crown and Trumpet: great pub

by bluedook Written Mar 5, 2005

Set just of the main street in Broadway this is a fantastic pub with great beer and good food. Small but nice garden at the front

Instant Answers: Broadway

Comments

Broadway Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Broadway restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Broadway sightseeing.