Broadway Transportation

Map of area around Broadway
    by evaanna

Most Recent Transportation in Broadway

• evaanna's Profile Photo

How to get there - that is the question.

by evaanna Updated Oct 19, 2006

Map of area around Broadway

Getting to Broadway without a car may be quite a problem. Until 1960 Broadway had rail coming to it but the good times are over. The nearest station is now Moreton-in-Marsh or, if travelling from the North, Evesham. The brochure on Broadway issued by Tourist Information does not say what to do next. There are some buses going to Broadway from Evesham and from Stratford-upon-Avon but they are few and far between, and a taxi ride costs a small fortune. So hiring a car or getting a friend to bring you there is probably the best solution. On Tuesdays and Saturdays there are full day tours to the North Cotswolds from Oxford, including Broadway and Chipping Campden, run by Cotswold Roaming. For bookings and further information, call +44 1865 308 300. Or count on your luck and try hitch-hiking. Results not guaranteed.

• Trains

• lou31's Profile Photo

Public buses

by lou31 Written Jun 19, 2005

Friendly driver showing me the way

I had heard that public transport was scarce in the Cotswolds but I didn't have any trouble getting around.
    I started in Stratford and took a bus to Moreton on Marsh, the fartherest I could get from there. From Moreton I wanted to go on to Bourton on the Water and had resorted on hiring a taxi. Sounds expensive but cheaper than hiring a car. I was travelling alone I didn't feel confident to drive. However as soon as I arrived in Moreton I went up and asked another bus driver if he would be going that way. He was due to leave in one minute!
    Well off I went to Bourton and it was from there that I made my steady way back to Stratford stopping at villages along the way.
    Hence my Cotswold tour and it didn't cost much either. The drivers were all friendly and helpful.

• School Holidays
    • Hiking and Walking

• londonlover's Profile Photo

The best way to get here

by londonlover Written Jun 11, 2004

...would be by car. We came by train, however, and it wasn't all that difficult. The closest rail station to Broadway is either Evesham or Moreton-in-Marsh, both of which are reachable from major surrounding cities such as Worcester or Oxford. We came from Bath, which necessiated a few transfers, but it was a scenic ride.

If you do this, you will need a taxi to take you to Broadway, which should cost less than 20 GBP. You might need to have a taxi ordered from the TI in town if there isn't one waiting at the station.

Obviously, the best way to explore more of the Cotwolds in less time is to use a car. Parking may be a challenge, but if you find a spot, you can easily walk the whole town after that until you move onto the next Cotswold village.

Instant Answers: Broadway

Comments

Broadway Transportation

Reviews and photos of Broadway transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Broadway sightseeing.