Chipping Campden Restaurants

Ebrington Arms
    by trvlrtom
    Red Lion
    by trvlrtom
    The patio of the Red Lion.
    by VDElvis

Most Recent Restaurants in Chipping Campden

• birchy99's Profile Photo

Volunteer Inn?????: Good Pub Grub

by birchy99 Updated Apr 4, 2011

For the life of me I can't remeber the name of the pub, but it is on High St. and/or Park Rd and it has a large sign with a red coated soldier on it. I think it's The Volunteer Inn, but not sure.
    Otherwise a typical pub, friendly waitperson, reasonable prices. And of course, chips!!!

Favorite Dish: The reason I mention it is I had one of the best lamb dishes ever here. Nice lean chunks of lamb covered in a thick, tasty gravy. Mmmmmmm!! Really good.

• trvlrtom's Profile Photo

Red Lion: Good pub and restaurant in town

by trvlrtom Written Jul 23, 2008

Red Lion

The Red Lion is a good and popular place in Chipping Campden. The building, like pretty much all of them in town, is historic and very charming. The interior has fireplaces and an comfortable, old feel to it. There is also a good sized patio in the back to enjoy a beer on a sunny afternoon.

• trvlrtom's Profile Photo

Ebrington Arms: Great pub and restaurant

by trvlrtom Written Jul 23, 2008

Ebrington Arms

The Ebrington Arms is a charming and welcoming restaurant & pub near Chipping Campden. It was recommended to us by our B & B owners, who are frequent visitors there. During our stay in the area we went here for two meals, plus once during the day to get out of the rain. The atmosphere here is great: a pub room and a dining room, both with big fireplace hearths and a comfortable atmosphere. The service is friendly, and there were a lot of locals here, so they obviously are popular in the area.

The two dinners we had were excellent, a big step up from regular pub fare. The menu is original and creative, and they use local products when available. There's a good selection of beers too.

• VDElvis's Profile Photo

The Red Lion: Good pub

by VDElvis Written Sep 26, 2007

The patio of the Red Lion.

This is one of a few small pubs located on High Street in Chipping Campden. Of the couple I went to, this was my favourite. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff, good food and good beer.

Favorite Dish: I had a burger on ciabatta bread with chips and a salad. Very good. To drink I had an "Old Trip" ale, which was also very good.

• dbeatty's Profile Photo

Eight Bells: Pub Eating

by dbeatty Written Oct 31, 2006

We ate in the pub of the Eight Bells. It was quite cozy in there. I had the special "Beef Stroganoff", it was kinda grisly. My husband had the "Bangers and Mash" and said it was really good. This is come as you are dress. There is also a proper dining room in the Eight Bells.

Favorite Dish: Bangers and Mash

• dbeatty's Profile Photo

Huxley's: Romantic!

by dbeatty Written Oct 31, 2006

Huxley's has a nice and cozy atmosphere. The staff are friendly and the food was delicious. The restaurant opens at 7pm. Reservations are suggested, but if you're lucky, like we were, you can get in early without one. The dress is nice casual or nice.

• birchy99's Profile Photo

Baker's Arms: Broad Campden: The Neighbourhood Pub

by birchy99 Updated Dec 6, 2004

Birchy Pours a Pint

Just outside Chipping Camden you will find a little village called Broad Campden. A delightful little place nestled in a little swale with one road in and one road out. Smack in the middle you will find Baker's Arms. We arrived at opening hour and the publady let us in early and showed us around. She even let me go behind the bar and pour a pint. Later the locals began to show up, all gathered around the bar end of the room chatting and smoking. One chap was reading a book while sipping his pint.
    This was our first real English Pub experience and it was a nice one.

Favorite Dish: Cannot remember what we had but you can be sure it was served with chips. I do remember I had trifle with vanilla cream sauce for dessert.
    The menu was typical pub fare, the ambiance was typical pub-like and the people were typical pub types. Just a really nice experience.
    After enjoying our meal we stepped outside and walked the short distance back to our B&B.

Instant Answers: Chipping Campden

Comments

Chipping Campden Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Chipping Campden restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chipping Campden sightseeing.

View all Chipping Campden hotels