Cirencester Restaurants

Interior
    by leics
    Huffkin or Hobgoblin? Hmmmmmmmmm.......
    Exterior

Most Recent Restaurants in Cirencester

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

The Village Pub: The Village Pub - Gastropub in the Cotswolds

by sue_stone Updated Apr 4, 2011

tasty lunch

The Village Pub is located in a tiny village on the outskirts of Cirencester. There is nothing much there except for the popular pub, made famous for being Liz Hurley's local. We visited there Sunday for lunch.

As we arrived without a booking, we had to wait for around 40 minutes for a table. While waiting, we relaxed out in the beer garden with a beer....though it was late autumn and a little chilly out there. Oh well, once our table was ready we soon warmed up in the cosy pub.

Favorite Dish: The place was filled with cheerful lunchers - a mix of local looking well-to-do types, and some city folk (like us) out on a Sunday drive. Service was efficient, but probably would have been better if we have been 'somebody'.

I had the Roast Beef for lunch and it was very good - check out how good that meat looks in the photo. The others also enjoyed their meals and the atmosphere of the place.

I would definitely return to The Village Pub, but next time I would be sure to book a table in advance.

• Beer Tasting

• leics's Profile Photo

The Black Horse: Very good pub

by leics Written Oct 24, 2010

Exterior

The Black Horse is a very old (15th century), very traditional English pub. There are wooden seats, and low lights, various fruit machines (inevitable these days, I'm afraid), a good range of basic pub food at reasonable prices and.......most importantly..good draught real ale.

It also has 3 en-suite rooms.....(but there is no parking.)

I only stopped in for a beer. There are enough locals using the place to make eavesdropping interesting but i felt perfectly at home: none of the cold 'strangers within' atmosphere one sometimes gets in local pubs.

So: the beer was fine (Huffkins Autumn Ale) , no doubt the food would be fine as well. Good place to stop and rest your feet for a while.

• Architecture
    • Beer Tasting

• Janani's Profile Photo

Keith's Coffee Shop: Freshly Ground Coffee

by Janani Written Sep 9, 2005

This small cafe is at the back of a shop selling all kinds coffee beans, which they will grind freshly for you, and anything related to drinking coffee. They also stock teas, preserves and confectionery. You queue at the counter to order and pay rather than sitting to be served.

Of course the coffee was really delicious, as were the cakes but the place had a nice cosy relaxed atmosphere too; I felt I could have sat all afternoon. They have tables or a bar to sit at and there is plenty to look at while you drink your coffee. It's very tempting to buy some to take home too!

My mum told me that once when she was in here having lunch with a friend, it was very crowded at the service counter and, getting her bag caught on someone's jacket, she looked round to apologise and came face to face with a member of the royal family!

Instant Answers: Cirencester

Comments

Cirencester Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Cirencester restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cirencester sightseeing.