Moreton in the Marsh Restaurants

by clws
    Tea Room
    by yumyum

Most Recent Restaurants in Moreton in the Marsh

• Tillys Tea House - Moreton on the Marsh UK: Very rude management, dirty tables, give it a miss

by sylvannia Written Dec 1, 2013

Give this shop a miss, plenty more to choose from. We were on a coach day out and only had 3 hours to explore, eat and shop. Sat nearly 15 minutes before served. My friend asked for Lasagne and told none at 12 noon as sold out day before??? I asked for soup and bread as advertised and requested brown, told no bread but roll. After 30 minute wait my friends baked potato and my soup turned up. A white roll came, I asked for brown but told I had been told a roll would be included but no acknowledgement of my brown request. I cannot eat white bread. The tables were very dirty, we cleaned them with our own cleaner and requested it be cleaned as one area would not come off and it was given a cursery sweep around the middle. My friends coronation chicken on the potato was cold. We wasted almost an hour of our day here. We went to pay and mentioned the bread and the Manager flipped shouting at us how hard worked she was and that the day before had been so busy and problems with staff and snapped she couldn't be bothered to argue with us, which we were not doing we were just talking; and refunded 50p and told us to complain to the management if we had a problem as she was too busy to argue. Other people waiting said how rude she was and left saying they would not go there if talked to like that!! It ruined our day and as I have been ill this was supposed to be a relaxing day out. The soup was also very very bland and it put us off ever visiting that area again. I would like to know who the management are to relay this to them!!!! This was a very unhappy experience.

Favorite Dish: Soup Bland, coronation chicken cold, No lasagne on the menu at 12 noon!!! said they ran out the day before uh????? Cook some more for the day then.

PLENTY OF OTHER TEA ROOMS AND RESTAURANTS WHO WE HEARD FROM OUR COACH COMPANIONS WERE BRILLIANT, OUR COACH COMPANY HAD 10 COACHES COMING THROUGH AND WE TOLD THE ORGANISER HOW BAD IT WAS TO PASS ON TO OTHER COACH TRIPS TO AVOID THIS SHOP

• Architecture

• Tilly's Tearoom: Unnecessarily rude management

by Cluxton Written Jun 21, 2012

Food was actually quite nice and typical of it's setting, however,when taking family to the Cotswolds for the weekend, I had hoped for a nicer experience to finish our Sunday. Upon a spider crawling from my dads salad, a waitress quickly whisked the plate away for managements information. Upon nobody returning to our table, we asked whether we were to receive a replacement and the manager and owner as far as I could tell, briskly informed us that they wash the salad so it couldn't have come from the kitchen and suggested we had placed the spider there ourselves. We were very understanding that even with the washing of salad, these things can occur and was at no point expecting a discount however, I would have expected for a replacement to be issued and an apology, however, unfortunately we received neither from the owner. Upon payment, our serving waitress apologised and said that, it was unfortunately, her managers decision as to how to manage customer queries but unsurprisingly a dampener had already been put on our weekend due to the tone and response of the owner. The staff seemed very sweet and seemed embarrassed by the owners attitude and I couldn't fault them directly but we felt that customer service should have been more of a priority and were insulted at the accusation. When returning to the Cotswolds and Moreton in Marsh we won't be visiting Tilly's as a result.

• Architecture

• leics's Profile Photo

Tilly's Bakery and Tearoom: Excellent pasty, even better lardy cake.

by leics Updated Oct 12, 2008

Tilly's Tearoom & Bakery

They do home-made soup, and meals such as lasagne, as well as a range of sandwiches, baguettes, pasties etc.

And cakes too. Try the lardy cake (not actually made with lard any more), a traditional cake of this area. 30 miles up the road, in Leicestershire, we don't have it. It's a southern English cake really.

Very good bakery (bakes its own), one of the best pasties I've ever had, good coffee too.

Tables inside and outside, very pleasant service.

I'd far rather eat here than the more upmarket cafes in Moreton.

Market House: one of at least 4 tea shops in town

by KittyLou Updated Aug 4, 2006

A nice place to sit and sip. My husband thought the Market House had the best scones of any place on our two week trip.

Favorite Dish: Their scones are wonderful. The "Pago" Backcurrant juice is not to be past up either, expecially if the day is too warm for hot tea. But my favorite thing on the menu is their lemon pie (with/ or without warm custart sauce!)

• clws's Profile Photo

Ask Restaurant: Friendly Service, Great Food!

by clws Written Sep 14, 2005
    Ask Restaurant Street View

Ask Restaurant has a nice variety of Italian food as wall as an assortment of pizzas'. The service here was excellent. They were very friendly, attenteive, and the food was delicious.

Favorite Dish: We had one of their pizza's with black olives, pepperoni, and tomatoes. With salads and an order of garlic bread. It was all really tasty!

• Castles and Palaces

• KittyLou's Profile Photo

ASK: when you gotta have pizza or pasta

by KittyLou Updated Aug 23, 2004

With all the tea houses, pubs, sometimes someone just wants pizza or pasta. Then it is the ASK chain restaurant to the rescue.

Not bad and the fact Moreton-in-Marsh has one seems to say the village is not just a theme park for tourists like me.

• Study Abroad

The Marshmallow: More than a Tea House

by KittyLou Written Jul 16, 2004

They say it is a tea house, and it is, but they are also open some evenings serving wonderful full meals. It is just the best unfussy, good food place I can think of, old fashion but still very real.

Favorite Dish: Scampi sauted with garlic, served complete with finger bowl, because shelling is messy but worth it.

Cakes, cakes, and more cakes.

• Trains

• yumyum's Profile Photo

Tea Room: Yummy snacks!

by yumyum Written Oct 22, 2006

Tea Room

This Tea Room has very lovely decorations inside, for one there are lots of tea pots. I don't remember what I ate but it was yummy. They also serve the traditional afternoon teas.

Redesdale Arms: fine dinning

by KittyLou Updated Jul 26, 2004

While the outside suggests a pub, and indeed there is a pub, there is also nice, fine dinning after 6:30 in the evening.

Favorite Dish: delious tomato basil soup

very nice fried haddock & chips

fantastic venison

Instant Answers: Moreton in the Marsh

Comments

Moreton in the Marsh Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Moreton in the Marsh restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Moreton in the Marsh sightseeing.

View all Moreton in the Marsh hotels