Brixton Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Brixton

Ritzy Cafe: Crepes, Ciabatta and Pizza

by Zarasher Written Dec 4, 2005

They offer a selection of crepes, ciabatta toasties and pizzas... plus coffees, beer and all that good stuff.

Lunch time is great because they have a meal deal monday to thursday whereby any crepe/pizza or toastie with a soft drink is £5. I reccomend sitting upstairs.

Favorite Dish: The King and I toastie which is basil pesto, parma ham, mozarellla, sun dried tomatoes and rocket salad.... very nice and filling too.

• Beer Tasting

• Zarasher's Profile Photo

The Prince Bar and restaurant: Is change good?

by Zarasher Updated Apr 4, 2011

This place used to be called Harlem and before that it was the Prince of Wales Pub... It's like a name change a week! Harlem was only up and running for a short time. I guess that didn't work out because now it is a bar/restaurant called The Prince. They are open until midnight every weekday and until 4am on a Friday and Saturday!

I would say it is more pub like than bar like, although the drink prices are slightly higher than you would get in a regular bar

Favorite Dish: The Steak Salad.

You can't really go wrong with that!

they also have all day breakfasts and hearty sandwiches

• Study Abroad
    • Women's Travel

Babalou Bar and Restaurant: Say a Prayer

by Zarasher Updated Feb 16, 2007

This place was previously known as Bug Bar. I love this place... They have comfy sofa chairs with cushions which give it a very homely feel... plus dim lighting so you cannot see your guy properly after having stuffed yourself. Excellent Food and Cocktails at reasonable prices.

Favorite Dish: I have had a platter here which was various deep fried foods nicely arranged on a big plate. It was good but nothing exceptional.

• Architecture

Satay Bar and Restaurant: I love Pad Thai

by Zarasher Written Dec 5, 2005

Clean and Classy... with prompt and attentive service.... Nice artwork adors the walls too... so there is always something to look at!

Food is good at semi reasonable prices... Used to be alot cheaper... but now just get steeper (I'm a poet and didnt know it!)

Favorite Dish: The snapper in cocunut and limegrass is reallly good... try it!

• Singles
    • Women's Travel

• Zarasher's Profile Photo

The Goose: Cheap grub with the local winos or dodgy dvd's

by Zarasher Written Feb 16, 2007

This in fact is not a restaurant. It is a pub that serves food. I was grappling over whether to put it under restaurant or nightlife and decided restaurant because I have only ever been there once in the night and that was the only time I didnt eat.

On the contrary I have been there many times in the day and eaten as well as drank.

I would say the atmosphere is decent. what kind of atmosphere do you need to eat cheap food anyhow?

It does smell of smoke (although this may have changed with the new laws) and must, which one may find a bit of a nuisance. This is as a result of the winos and substance abusers that congregate in the place on a daily basis. they are pretty much harmless and are all pensioners that have nothing better to do with their days.

The pub is a target for Dodgy DVD dealers. They will walk past you, catch your eye and then flash a the corner of a dvd corner. If you do then decide to partake in the illegal activity of buying from the vendor, the bar staff will promptly try and throw you out.

Not only will you come across dodgy DVD dealers you may come across people (usually addicts I would imagine) peddling other wares. I once saw a woman selling a sexy nightie for £30... within half an hour the price dropped to £3.

Crack's one heeeeeeeeeeell of a drug!

The evening is slightly more exciting. The one time I went I was positioned near two older (early late fifties early sixties perhaps) men and a woman, who were altogether. they weren't the usual winos, or so it seemed. they were sitting, talking quietly and drinking their drinks when a young man (twenties) came in and started verbally abusing the woman. I was shocked. He had an EastEnd wide boy way of talking, then I heard him say,

"Well why did you do it with my dad's brother then yooooooooou slaaaaaaaaaag."

She then started shouting back in her alcoholic slurred cockney and it got worse until they were all practically brawling... Just shows... you should never judge a book by it's cover.

Favorite Dish: They have great meal deal offers whereby you can get either a burger (beef or chicken) with chips and a glass or wine/pint of beer for £3.75 You can also make the meal deal with baguettes instead of the burger and chips.

My favourite dish is Leek and Macaroni... so cheesingly delicious. Does make me wanna throw up afterwards.. Its not the food's fault. It's my own for being so damn greedy and not knowing when to stop.

• Singles

Coma Y Punto: Intimate Colombian Comida

by Zarasher Written Feb 16, 2007

If you didn't know about this colombian restaurant it would be hard to find. I've been there on more than one occasion and I still have trouble finding it. Its located in one of the covered market places, Granville Arcade. It's very small and seat about a mazimum of ten people I'd say. The food is hearty and home cooked and portions are huge.

Favorite Dish: The last time I had a coconut seafood stew

Instant Answers: Brixton

Comments

Brixton Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Brixton restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Brixton sightseeing.