London Nightlife

Two Shots Coming Up!
    by RavensWing
  • Our fiddler left early, but we'll still play!
    Our fiddler left early, but we'll still...
    by RavensWing
  • Nightlife
    by toonsarah

Most Recent Nightlife in London

Opera Bar: Nostalgic Pub in Central London

by spidermiss Updated Mar 4, 2014
    Opera Bar, London

I'm not into the lagers and beers but the bar server recommended the Samuel Smith's Pure Brewed Organic Lager. I had the the lager with lime and thoroughly enjoyed it. I love to see organic lagers on sale and it was 2.50 gbp (February 2014) for half a pint.

The Opera Bar is an upstairs pub though smaller and more quieter/laid back than its sister pub downstairs, The Chandos. I love the cosy feel to the Opera Room with its wooden decor and panels and the leather sofas and cushioned window benches, where I sat to have my lager, and I thought the lager was reasonably priced for Central London. On a future visit I would like to order a pub meal there and its one of a very few pubs where I can able to go on my own and feel comfortable and relaxed.

Dress Code: Smart casual.

• Beer Tasting

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

The Society of London's Half Price Ticket Booth: Snap up these theatre bargains!

by spidermiss Updated Feb 27, 2014

Tkts, Leicester Square, London

When I buy day tickets on the day, I usually go to this Tickets Booth at Leicester Square first thing. There are two boards at the booth, one showing what shows are available that day and another tells how much tickets cost (usually face value of the discounted ticket and service charge, usually 3gbp per ticket). Please don't be put off by the queue when you arrive as they go down fast and everyone is served promptly.

My friends and I have purchased discounted tickets for 'Les Miserables', 'Pygmalion', 'Love Never Dies' and Henrik Ibsen's 'Ghosts' at the booth.

• Theater Travel

• Penthouse: Nightlife in London

by Prisle Updated Feb 18, 2014
    Penthouse

On the weekend we were in London. its was a funny time there. In the evening we went out. We were in the Penthouse in London. This club has three floors - on the first floor was Hip Hop music, on the second pop music and in the third was the VIP area. We were only on the second floor. The drinks were very expensive.

Dress Code: The people I think only the woman are very crazy, like a disco queen here clothes were very glittering. They made very crazy moves, it was very funny to look around here.

• Go hard or go home: People all over the world

by Thomas1995 Written Feb 18, 2014

The Rumba was a very friendly nightclub. There are people from all over the world. The Djs sounds great music and the barmaid are very sexy. You will learn people from all over the world. we were there for 4 hours an we met people from Germany, Poland, England, Sweden, Russia and a lot more.

Dress Code: You don't were a cap.

• Pomocub's Profile Photo

Wembley Arena: Wembley Arena

by Pomocub Written Feb 6, 2014

Wembley Arena is a concert Arena in London. Until the 02 Arena was built Wembley was considered the best place to perform. You can watch music, comedy and sports acts. Tickets can be purchased on the official arena website but you can also buy tickets for performances off www.ticketmaster.co.uk and www.livenation.co.uk

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

The Underworld, Camden: Great Rock Venue

by vichatherly Updated Dec 14, 2013
    The Graveltones, Camden Underground

This is a great up close and personal rock venue. If you like your gigs intimate, sweaty and loud then this is the place for you.

My last visit was in November 2013 to see the Dead Daisies, ably supported by the Graveltones and Leogun.

The Daisies were really loud, and in a way that spoilt their set. The Graveltones were excellent as usual and Leogun, a new band for me, were great, so much so that I bought their album at the merchandise stall, and was lucky enough to get their lead single to scribble a signature on it.

As the place is small, the tickets can be in short supply, but if you get in quick or maybe don't mind who you see then this is a top rock spot. It's great that it got a great pub, the Worlds End, above it, to help wet you pre-gig whistle.

• Pod's Profile Photo

Guanabara.: Brazilian time.

by Pod Written Nov 28, 2013
    Guanabara. London.

Apart from monday and tuesday there is an entry fee after 8 or 9pm. The live acts are good and a DJ every night. food, snacks and cocktails a plenty. They even do dance lessons.

Dress Code: Look smart. NO SPORTSWEAR, NO HATS, NO FLIP FLOPS.

• Pod's Profile Photo

Belgo. Kingsway.: Loads of beer. A Bierodrome.

by Pod Updated Nov 28, 2013
    Belgo, Kingsway. London.

I think this is the bar/restaurant with the most different types of beer. Maybe. The Porterhouse is compertition. Visit http://www.belgo-restaurants.co.uk/beers to have a look-see at there beers. A very popular place so if your eating you might want to book in advance.
    Free wi-fi so you can take pics and stick em on facebook and others. When is VT going to bring out a phone app?

Dress Code: No dress code as such but you have to respect others who have to sit in the chair next. (no dirty work clothes)

• Beer Tasting
    • Business Travel

Royal Albert Hall: Royal Albert Hall

by spidermiss Updated Nov 13, 2013

Royal Albert Hall, South Kensington, London

When I booked to see Phantom 25 at The Royal Albert Hall in October 2011 I wanted to do a tour of the venue.

I participated in the tour where we were taken to the Grand Tier Boxes where we could see out to the stage, the Royal Retiring Room, the Elgar Room (former Central School of Speech and Drama). It was interesting to learn about the history of the Royal Albert Hall including it's construction. Many stars have come and gone!

After the tour, I had lunch at Cafe Consort which was very nice.

Unfortunately, photography isn't allowed inside the Royal Albert Hall so there are just photos from outside!

In October 2011, I went to see the "The Phantom of the Opera" (The 25th Anniversary celebration of the show) there and this is probably one of my theatrical highlights of my life. We had great seats in the stalls (very expensive but worth every penny!) and got a great view of the stage. Please see my travelogue for the photos.

Royal Albert Hall is part of the Exhibition Road Cultural Group.

• Theater Travel
    • Festivals

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Planet Hollywood: Titanic Cocktails!

by spidermiss Updated Nov 10, 2013
    Bar Area, Planet Hollywood

We had cocktails, Titanic (7.50 gbp (September 2013), at Planet Hollywood before we went to see Phantom at the nearby Her Majesty's Theatre.

I've been before (May 2013) but it was disappointing - more the company I was with rather than the non alcohol cocktail I ordered! So I wanted another chance to enjoy a cocktail.

(Titanic consists of Finlandia vodka, peach schnapps, coconut rum, orange, pineapple juice and lemonade - it was lovely)

Dress Code: Smart Casual

• RavensWing's Profile Photo

Bar Polski: Vodka Anyone?

Two Shots Coming Up!

One could easily pass by this tiny bar and not even realize it. A stylish and modern bar, perfect for those who love a splash of vodka. They have over 55 different types of vodka that you can choose from, either as a shooter or in a cocktail. They also offer a menu with traditional Polish food.

• Singles

The Slaughtered Lamb: Slaughtered Lamb

Slaughtered Lamb

This pub is very comfortable. The atmosphere is pretty laid back. They have high back chairs and couches to sit and have a drink with your friends. There is also wooden tables and chairs for those choosing to have something from the menu. Unfortunately the washrooms are not on the same level as the pub, you have to go downstairs to get to them, but they are pretty clean and that's always a bonus.

I had the 'chips' or fries as I would call them, the coconut coleslaw and cauliflower fritters. I enjoyed it all.

• Singles

The Urban: A Little Yuppie Pub

The Urban by daylight

This is a cute little pub. It doesn't have the 'old feeling' of the other pubs. There are a lot of young people hanging about in there.

The pub looks more modern but the washrooms need some work though.

They have some bartenders that can throw the glasses and bottles like Tom Cruise did in the movie "Cocktails".

It's good to go to if you like the 'younger' style of music they play. What I would consider the Top 40 from the radio in the pop genre.

Salmon & Ball: Typical East End Pub

Salmon & Ball

After a long hop across the pond (for those of you who don't know that expression it's the Atlantic Ocean) and a long tube ride to the East End of London, getting off the tube at Bethnal Green and seeing the Salmon & Ball there was perfect! I was ready for a quick drink before heading on to my next destination. Walked into the pub and ordered a cider. It was so refreshing. Give my feet a little rest before moving on. I noticed that the place was a little run down but the staff friendliness more than made up for any outdated decor. There were a few patrons in the pub. Felt pretty safe to be there.

I made my way back to the Salmon & Ball on Thursday night. What a great night to go there! There was a karaoke. There were good singers, great singers and some singers that should sing far far away! Although I would be too critical because I am not brave enough to sing, but I'm great audience support. Met a few new friends, laughed, drank together. I would go back there in a heartbeat. Well next time I go back to London I'm sure I'll find the pub again!

The Quays: A Gig at The Quays

by RavensWing Written Oct 26, 2013

The Quays

There's a huge patio outside with tables and chairs. The front end of the pub has a cushioned bench that runs the entire length of the front, with tables and chairs and then stools all along the front and sides of the bar. There is a larger area in the back, where the big screen tv is. There is an upstairs which I believe has more seating but I didn't make it up there. The washrooms are in the back of the pub, they are modern and clean.

It's just after 5:00pm and there are so many people in the pub. People are shoulder to shoulder, of course the football (or in my case 'soccer') game just ended Arsenal vs Stoke 3-1 (not sure who is happy and who isn't) There's going to be some live Irish music, but try to find a chair to sit in. All of a sudden, spotted two stools beneath the bar that no one is using. As soon as the person ordering their drink moves out of the way we dive in and steal the stools. Sliding our jackets onto the stools, sitting down we order our drinks and wait for the music to start.

Instant Answers: London

Comments

London Nightlife

planxty's Profile Photo

Well, what do you want in the way of nightlife?  Whatever it is, I can guarantee you will be able to find it in London.  From internationally acclaimed West End shows to intimate music...

London Members Meetings