Brioche Doree, London

by Jenniflower
    Our 'Friday cafe'! :)
    by Jenniflower
  • Jenniflower's Profile Photo

Brioche Doree: A little French to start the day :)

by Jenniflower Updated Apr 4, 2011

This little coffee shop has become a Friday tradition for us!

It is a Franch chain, although there they call is 'La Brioche Doree'.

My husband and I usually get to work about an hour earlier than everyone else. Yes, we might sound mad but we enjoy this timealong in the office at this time (get a lot done!), plus it invariably means we have far less traffic coming into work in the morning! We travel in by bus (tired of commuting with tubes and trains), and its a really pleasant experience - going through Chelsea, Kensington, Knightsbridge etc early in the morning.

On a Friday though, we leave even earlier!

Why? So we can have our 'Friday coffee' together to end the week :)

This coffee shop is in Piccadilly Street, close to where I work, and we enjoy coming here.

Favorite Dish: I always have their black coffee, so cannot comment on the other food delights they serve, or hot drinks.

Hubby has tried a range of coffees and their hot choocolate and always enjoyed them

He also tried their pastries (the REAL reason for coming here!haha). He has tried nearly everything that 'goes with coffee' in the form of cakes, croissants and patisseries! Later in the day they do serve cold meat rolls, brioches and sandwiches too (by the time we are there in the morning these have not been made yet).

I have come here once with Andrew (alucas) too, and we sat at the front of the cafe, watching the passers by - usually I sit at the back with my hubby.

The service is always good, albeit a tad slow at times.

Our 'Friday cafe'! :) alucas in the frame!
    • Business Travel
    • Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: London

Comments

Hotels Near Brioche Doree
4.0 out of 5 stars