Cantina Vinopolis, London

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Cantina Vinopolis: Gourmet Food under the Bridge

by shrimp56 Written Sep 17, 2011
    Cantina Vinopolis

Cantina Vinopolis is part of the Vinopolis empire in the Bankside area of Southwark. It is just opposite the Premier Inn Southwark. My husband always does a single malt tasting here and brings home a small bottle or two. The restaurant, of course, has a great wine list, but the food is pretty good too:) It is in a cavernous space under a railroad bridge.

Our waiter was a young Frenchman working there to improve his English. So I spoke French and he spoke English LOL

Favorite Dish: I had 2 starters as pictured while my husband enjoyed the beautiful chicken.

• londonbabe's Profile Photo

Cantina Vinopolis: Not just a restaurant, also an education in wine

by londonbabe Updated Dec 31, 2003

Cantina Vinopolis
    Not just a restaurant - also an exhibition devoted to wine. You can book wine tasting tours in the centre's vaults, have a snack and more wine in the bar, or eat more formally in the Cantina.

Cantina Vinopolis (Michelin Red M) serves good, modern international cooking with recipes chosen to show off the wines. Meat dishes are always good, as is the bread! have never managed to fit in a pudding, but I'm sure they match the overall standard of the restaurant.
    The sommelier is incredibly helpful and will always choose an interesting match.

Favorite Dish: The wine list! Dozens of wines by the glass from all over the world, all well chosen.

Instant Answers: London

Comments

Hotels Near Cantina Vinopolis
4.5 out of 5 stars