Carluccios, Covent Garden, London

by uglyscot
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

CARLUCCIO: PASTA

by xymmot Written Mar 22, 2013

Pod or Paul trying to eat the whole thing

Very nice clean place with fine lines and wine. On one side, they have a separate store that sells just café and desserts, the other side is a full restaurant bar. I had a delightful dinner there as I was entertained by a VT meeting. It was price fix of 9.95 pounds and was great taste.

Favorite Dish: Milian Pollio, with fresh garden greens

• uglyscot's Profile Photo

Carluccio's: Italian at its best

by uglyscot Updated Jul 22, 2011

Caluccio

I was invited for lunch at Carluccio's in Covent Garden. The restaurant is in a large building- maybe once upon a time a bank. We went at 12 .15 and it was busy and remained full with a constant stream of customers the whole time we were there. The customers were enjoying themselves if the noise level was anything to go by.
    The service was good , and the menu was fairly flexible. We decided on the fixed menu but added some extras like a tinof mixed bread which we ate with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Our starters wer pate, or in my case bruschetto. We all opted for the breaded chicken as the main dish.

Favorite Dish: Both courses wer plentiful and excellent. I couldn't finish the chicken which had been accompanied by new potatoes, boiled and then fried with rosemary.
    The bruschetto was delicious - roasted pepper, tomatoes, rocket and ehrbs.

• simonli625's Profile Photo

Carluccios: Nice Gelato in Covert Garden

by simonli625 Written Nov 10, 2006

It is actually an italian food store. It has the best gelato!!! I definitely recommends Chocalate gelato. It also have a lot of different italian goodies in the store. You can also buy some cheap take away food there for lunch if you want to save some money.

Favorite Dish: Chocalate gelato

Instant Answers: London

Comments

Hotels Near Carluccios, Covent Garden
4.5 out of 5 stars