Confucius, Wimbledon, London

Confucius
    Confucius
    Confucius - yummy!
  • Jenniflower's Profile Photo

Confucius: Culinary failure at Confucius!

by Jenniflower Updated Dec 26, 2006

The decor is modern and tasteful, not sure why there is a wooden well in the front though.

Service is very good, except for the one lady who came out and could obviously not speak a word of English. Not helpful when you are ordering drinks...

The place did not have that much ambiance to be honest, they played this funny music box music too, we felt flat there, and would not go again.

Favorite Dish: We had a starter of a spring roll each, and they brought some shoots and cucumber pieces for us too. This was very nice.

Lance had the crispy duck and I had chilli king prawns. We both ordered some noodles with bean sprouts.

My king prawns had no chilli AT ALL (and the menu said it was hot - 2 chilli signs next to it), they came in this very thick garlicy sauce that was quite gross actually (look at the photos). I managed to eat 4 I think and then could stomach no more. I usually love seafood, but the sauce put me off it totally. I filled up on the noodles.

Lance left quite a bit of the duck too. It was okay, nothing special. It was brought to him cold too. We left feeling unsated and hungry as we had left so much behind.

Confucius Confucius entrance Confucius Confucius - not yummy Confucius - yummy!
    • Beer Tasting