Crispy Duck, Chinatown, London

by patatina
  • patatina's Profile Photo

Crispy Duck Restaurant: Lunch in Chinatown

by patatina Written Jul 31, 2006

The service here is prompt and we found the prices to be somewhat lower than most of the restaurants in this Chinatown strip. We both had half chickens - £8 each - I had crispy chicken while my husband had baked salty chicken. The portions are huge! Both of us had a hard time finishing our chicken which is a good thing! Overall, the lunch cost less than £20 for the two of us for a very filling meal!

There are about three stories to the restaurant. There's basement seating where we were originally seated but it felt so dark and isolated that we asked to be moved upstairs, which they kindly obliged and brought us to the second floor of the restaurant with windows overlooking the Chinatown pedestrian walkway.

Our waiter was great. My husband was originally going to get Baked Chicken with Spring Onions & Ginger and the waiter was upfront and said that it wasn't good and that he would recommend the Baked Salted Chicken. Service was prompt and everyone was kind and helpful.

The menu is extensive, including a dim sum menu, and the prices are low and reasonable. It's a great place for lunch.

• Nit_4's Profile Photo

Crispy Duck: Roast Duck!

by Nit_4 Written Sep 8, 2004

Great chinese food, cheap for London prices and probably one of the best Roast Duck in town.

Favorite Dish: For those Malaysians like me, you can also find 'kangkong in belacan' here as I think one of the chefs maybe a Malaysian. Another special dish served here is the claypot aubergine with salted fish ...yummy.

Instant Answers: London

Comments

Hotels Near Crispy Duck, Chinatown
5.0 out of 5 stars