Electric brasserie, London

Oysters
    Lemon Sole
    Mega choc brownie
  • PALLINA's Profile Photo

Electric brasserie: a bit noisy but

by PALLINA Updated Jun 3, 2009

We went there because we reserved two tickets by the Electric Cinema (see my tip) and it was the easiest option to dine there. We had no reservations so, at the beginning, we got a very unconvenient table. After complaining we got a better one. It was very noisy but courses were quite big and service very good. Elegant ambience, no particular dress code required.

• Business Travel
    • Singles
    • Theater Travel

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Electric Brasserie: Electric Brasserie, Notting Hill

by sue_stone Written Jun 27, 2007

Dinner in the dark at the Electric Brasserie

One evening we were going to the Electric Cinema to see Oceans 13. Before the movie we popped next door to the Electric Brasserie for dinner. I must admit to not expecting to enjoy the experience that much.... I thought perhaps this trendy place (on Portobello Road) had had its day....

Well, I was pleasantly surprised. When we arrived I was concerned about how noisy it was - thankfully we were lead to the restaurant area at the rear, which was much quieter than the bar area, though still a little too loud for relaxed conversation.

We had very friendly service throughout the evening, and the moodily lit room would have been perfect for a romantic meal, except that the tables were pretty close together and we ended up spending most of the meal chatting with the inebriated fellows from Leeds at the table next to us. I think they may have been "somebody", but I am hopeless with celebrity spotting.

Favorite Dish: Anyhoo, the food. Inspired by the pleasurable sighs from the table next to us, we ordered some oysters to share as a starter. They were huge and creamy delicious. For main course I had the Lemon Sole, served with samphire, and Alex had the Rib eye steak with chips and bearnaise sauce. Both meals were really enjoyable.

We still had some time before the movie started, so we decided to share dessert - a Chocolate brownie with pistachio ice cream. Thank goodness we were sharing - this was one huge brownie - and delicious too!

• Wine Tasting

• lilchinadoll1's Profile Photo

Electric Brasserie: In the mix of it all

by lilchinadoll1 Written Jun 13, 2007

You are in the mix here at Electric, right in the heart of the Portebello Market. Sit on the patio for people watching whilst sipping on a cappuccino or Bloody Mary. The plates are hearty and tasty. This is great place for groups. Our server was attentive and friendly. This will probably be a regular spot for me when I visit London again.

Favorite Dish: eggs royale and a bloody mary on the side

Instant Answers: London

Comments

Hotels Near Electric brasserie
2.5 out of 5 stars