George Inn, Southwark, London

by phil_uk_net
  • George Inn, Southwark
    by richiecdisc
  • tzuki's Profile Photo

The George: Nice looking pub with a terrace :)

by tzuki Written Aug 14, 2009

My friends, my love and me at The George

I meet my English folks here whenever the occasion allows. It is quite big with a busy and crowded terrace but I like the atmosphere a lot. The George offers also a restaurant in the upper floor with very taste food and very nice cooked. It is always an experience!

Favorite Dish: We normally have some drinks downstairs or even in the terrace. It is lively and you have to be fast in pick a place :)
    Once we were eating in the restaurant and I had a salad to share and pasta with wild mushrooms and it was sooo delicious!
    Maybe the restaurant it is a bit expensive but the occasion was a MUST!

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo

The George Inn: The George Inn

by phil_uk_net Written Mar 25, 2003

The George Inn

Billed as the only surviving galleried inn in London, this is a nice 'Olde Worlde' pub that used to be a popular place for team events during my IBM days. (Translated, this means I have been as drunk as a skunk many times at The George! The drink always seems to go down easier when someone else is paying for it.) Consequently it is a few years since I have eaten there but I believe it is still okay. Originally it was a coaching inn and almost disappeared with the advent of the railways. There are bars, a restaurant and some private dining rooms for groups. Food is quite traditional - steaks, gammon, chicken, fish.

• Beer Tasting

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

The George Inn.: The George Inn.

by richiecdisc Written Sep 11, 2002

Coaching Inn from the 17th century. Lots of great rooms, some you have to go back outside to get to the actual bar. Real old world ambience. Great real ale selection including their own Restoration ale.

Favorite Dish: Beef & Mushroom pie with mash and veg.

Instant Answers: London