Gojo, Notting Hill, London

• DAO's Profile Photo

GOJO: UNDERCOVER, BUT FRIENDLY

by DAO Updated Jan 22, 2013

GOJO RESTAURANT - LONDON

OK. I didn’t eat here, but I will next time I am in London. This nice Ethiopian Restaurant is actually under the street within 1 block of Ladbroke Grove Tube Station. It is underneath an Off Licence (booze shop). I ventured down the stairs one afternoon after coming out of the very nearby Portobello Market. I found the couple who owned it inside and I was made to feel extremely welcome. When I ordered an Ethiopian beer and requested it be cold – all in Amharic – they promptly produced the real thing. And they are the real deal too, from Addis Ababa. I really enjoyed my beer and conversation. The bar was well stocked, their menu varied, and the décor was very nice. They don’t have a website, but who cares. Take a trip down to see them if you want to try gorgeous Ethiopian food. Or just pop in for a beer!

Please note: This little restaurant gets a lot of good reviews on many websites.

• Business Travel
    • Singles

• Gojo's: Really fun interesting food!

by Mcarroll11773 Written Aug 27, 2012

The staff were very friendly, full of smiles. They allow you to bring your own booze which is awesome, the food is very interesting and fun to eat, so if your feeling adventurous and want some good food check this palce out! they also let you put on songs which was awesome

Favorite Dish: I cant remember the name of the dishes, but its really fun to eat, theres like this giant pancake, and in the center they place meat and you make a ball of meat and pancake. its very nicely seasoned and tastes delicious

• Gojo restaurant: Don't miss the best taste of london by ethiopian

by Alex223 Written Aug 11, 2012

It is one of the best ethiopian restaurant around in London. The taste is unforgettable and the staffs are friendly and very helpful which i liked the most as much as the taste of the dishes, highly recommended if you enjoy your food.

Favorite Dish: Kitfo

• Music

• Gojo: I will never go again

by tikure Written Nov 12, 2011

I went to this restaurant in Ladbroke Grove, London with my friend, after it was recommended to me.
    The owner of the restaurant is the rudest person i have come across. First of all she ignored us when we asked to order drinks. And when we ordered she slammed our drinks down in front of us.
    And when i went to complain about her disgusting attitude, she apologised and then said "Its up to you if you want to come again or not".
    You don't expect the owner of the restaurant to say these things. If i hadn't confronted her she would never have apologised.
    However, the cook was marvelous and did her job well. She should have been the owner! The food was good.
    But my friend and i will never go again!

Instant Answers: London