HK Diner, London

22 Wardour Street, W1D 6QJ +00 44 (0)207 434 9544

• alyf1961's Profile Photo

HK DINER: SOHO'S FINEST

by alyf1961 Written Oct 24, 2013

We went to HK diner in Soho on the day of Hannah's graduation. we chose Chinese food as it fit in with Hannah studying China for her degree. The food was delicious and although it was a basic restaurant the food was cheap and very tasty. We ordered prawn toast, it looked a bit odd but it was the best prawn toast I have ever tasted. We also had crab claws with sweet and sour dip which were also delicious. For main course Hannah had Chow Mein, Emma, had chicken in black pepper sauce and I had Chinese beef curry. We each had a taste of all the food, they were all delicious.

Favorite Dish: PRAWN TOAST

• HK Diner: Chinese: for a nice chill-out evening

by Manyana Updated Nov 23, 2006

Yesterday it was my first experience with the HK, well...my first experience eating in China Town to tell the truth! oh yeah;) my friends and i watched Borat in Trocadero and then we all fell down hungry after big hard laughs,lol.

The place is nice, clean and very bright! it looks very modern unlike chinese traditional sites with red balls or decorations i mean. the food is good and not pricy. we were seven and we had our bill about £58. it was good for ordering two orders of noodle, half duck, tea for 5, 2 juice, rice and other things i couldn't comprehend,lol...very reasonable!

drinks range from £1-3
    noodle, rice: £5-£8
    sharing meals: £15-£20 per two persons

opening hours: the menus says until 4am!

oh wait! staff are nice. the menu is in chinese so the bill comes in chinese too! but there's a bilingual menu too...yet i find it dazzling to see a chinese-written menu in london,lol

Favorite Dish: i had crispy fried noodle with mixed vegetables and a big glass of water melon which i found more exciting the my favourite dish ie noodle. there were black like-seed at the bottom of the glass! funny enough i was keeping an eye on my friend's mango juice which had the same seeds. so i thought his drink was just another chinese mango drink...just to find out at the end of the evening that my water melon had the same seeds,lol. they were soft seeds, eatable in other words, so i had them all i guess;) and until now i don't know what they were!

actually i had made a confession to my friends that it was my second experience ever in london using chopsticks. so i really had difficult times eating....while i was starving! can you imagine the frustration? the first bite was a jumping tiny mashroom in my lap,lol...and no one noticed anything until i confessed,lol....so everyone was just waiting for my next cutting, as i was barely cut a big chunk of broccoli or whatever, videotaping me being fed by crazy friends like me,lol

front view
    • Study Abroad

Instant Answers: London

Comments

Hotels Near HK Diner
5.0 out of 5 stars