Hard Rock Cafe, London

4 out of 5 stars 31 Reviews

ROCK SHOP
    by davidjo
    the original cafe that started it all
    THE MENU
  • Paul2001's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: One of the Most Famous Burger Joints in the World

by Paul2001 Written Dec 21, 2004

The Hard Rock Cafe

Well here it is, the very first Hard Rock Cafe. Oddly enough for someone who has traveled much of the world and considering the fact that there are more than 100 of these in 28 countries around the world, this is the only Hard Rock Cafe outside of Toronto that I have eaten in. It is sort of the thing to do while in London. It may say something about London's poor reputation for quality restaurants, that this was best meal that I had while stayed there.
    Besides the burger's which are much better than average, the Hard Rock Cafe is particularly notable for the wonderful collection of rock and roll memorabilia that decorates the walls. It is one of the largest such collections in the world, as it should be considering rock music history in London.
    The restaurant is extremely popular with tourists and in fact 12 million have eaten here. I ate here a about 5:30pm and managed to get the last seat available at the bar. By the time I left an hour later, patrons were lined up down the block to get in.
    The restaurant is open from 11:30am to midnight.

Favorite Dish: I had a really good cheeseburger.

• luke850's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Hard Rocking!

by luke850 Updated May 25, 2004
    Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe is a world famous American restaurant, voted restuarant of the year 2003 by Which magazine. It is very American inside, as are the menu and the portions. Not a very english experience, but a good one all the same!

Favorite Dish: I've only been once, so i don't really have a 'favourite' dish. However, when i went i had a steak and chips, which was very good!

• littlesam1's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Don't Forget Paul

by littlesam1 Written Jun 11, 2003

Paul McCartney suit at the HRC

I can't leave out Paul McCartney. His suit was also directly behind us. George and Ringo's suits were behind the table next to us. I did not get a picture of them because I did not want to blind the people eating there with my camera's flash attachment. However now that its been a year later I wish that I would have just been a rude tourist and gone ahead and taken the pictures. It would have completed my set.

• littlesam1's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Eating and Rocking with The Beatles

by littlesam1 Updated Jun 11, 2003

Larry and Danielle at the HRC

I do not make it a habit to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe's when I travel. I much prefer to eat at someplace that is local and not a chain restaurant. I always look up the Hard Rock Cafe though so I can buy a souvineer tee shirt. I have quite a few from my travels. However Danielle and I did decide to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe in London for several reasons. First because it was the very first Hard Rock Cafe it had a particular significance to other Hard Rock Cafe's. Secondly we were in London and I assumed there would be some Beatles memorablila in the restaurant.

• balfor's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Always a quality meal

by balfor Written Feb 14, 2003

The London Hard Rock Cafe is the original. While most people think of the Hard Rock Cafe as an American restaurant, it is actually British. The London location has a vault of rock paraphenalia across the street from the Cafe. The cafe also has the normal share of guitars, clothing and letters that the Hard Rock is renowned for.

Favorite Dish: All of the food is very well prepared, and the portions are very generous. I greatly enjoy the cobb salad. :)

• Rieke's Profile Photo

LONDON Hard Rock Café

by Rieke Written Sep 12, 2002

LONDON Hard Rock Café
    On Friday night, we had dinner in the Hard Rock Café, the oldest in the world, where it all began … many others followed.

• Beach_dog's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Hard Rock Cafe

by Beach_dog Written Aug 26, 2002

Hard Rock Cafe is not only known for its great food and exceptional service, but for its display of rock and roll memorabilia. Each cafe is a museum honoring great names in music history.

Favorite Dish: I did not eat here but the menu looked good, and the portions were big.

• hayward68's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Hard Rock Cafe

by hayward68 Written Aug 25, 2002

Okay, it's a really touristy spot, but the food is usually good. And this was just down the street from Park Lane Hotel, so we were able to drink and then stumble our way back. If you'll notice from the picture I've got two different glasses of wine on the go, so stumble was the appropriate word that night! :-)

I believe this is the original Hard Rock Cafe.

Favorite Dish: Pig Sandwich (very messy but delicious!) I've got a pic of me eating it, but I'm not showing it, lol!

• Hard Rock: Hard Rock

by KristinaLMF Written Aug 24, 2002

As I said before the food here is not all that great. Every place you to they serve you roll, but they are so hard you can hardly bite into them. We went to the Hard Rock at least once a day because we knew what we were getting.

• akosilei's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Hard to miss the Prince

by akosilei Updated Apr 10, 2011

What makes it so special??? That day, Prince William was inside :) The long que outside was not so good aside from the fact that our stomach was growling with hunger.

• sundeviltraveler's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: The first HRC

by sundeviltraveler Written Jun 22, 2007

As with most hard rock cafes the atmosphere is great and the food sucks. But it is the first location and just down the street is the Vault. A must visit for collectors

• grayfo's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Rock and Roll Restaurant

by grayfo Written Apr 2, 2005

www.jimrosenbaum.com/ england

Classic American food mixed with rock ‘n’ roll music memorabilia

Favorite Dish: A full rack of West Tennessee-style pork ribs in hickory Bar-B-Que

• Beach_dog's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe.: Hard Rock Cafe.

by Beach_dog Written Aug 26, 2002

A pic of me standing next to a jacket belonging to Michelle Phillips (of the Mama's and Papa's fame).

• slabeaume's Profile Photo

We also enjoyed going to the...

by slabeaume Written Aug 26, 2002

We also enjoyed going to the original Hard Rock CAfe.
    Was themed with lots of Beatles memorabilia. I was surprised to see how small they were.

Favorite Dish: The usual American menu.

• Summer69's Profile Photo

We broke down and ate at the...

by Summer69 Written Aug 24, 2002

We broke down and ate at the HardRock Cafe. Awesome food and drinks. It's a great atmosphere. Many of drinks were drunken here!

Favorite Dish: The french fries!! Damn good.

Instant Answers: London

Comments

Hotels Near Hard Rock Cafe
4.5 out of 5 stars