Hardy's Restaurant & Wine Bar, London

• DAO's Profile Photo

GREAT FOOD (EXCEPT THE CHEESE!): HARDY’S BRASSERIE AND WINE BAR

by DAO Written Feb 9, 2014
    FANTASTIC STEAK

I booked a table at Hardy’s because I found a good meal deal on the Toptable Website. Great service, great atmosphere, just skip the cheese and possibly the wine. I enjoyed my smoked duck salad starter. Gorgeous. My steak was tasty for sure. My waitress was awesome and kept trying to bring me more delicious soda type bread. Unfortunately my carafe of wine was bland. And the cheese & biscuits poor and over-priced. I would recommend you get another desert or skip this completely. It look good and they even feature it on their website, but it is just (sadly) poor. A good dining experience with an intimate and electric atmosphere. They also have newspapers to read. So good meal for a business person or a couple.

Hardy’s was in 1984 by Nick de Bastarrechea and you can find updates, current Chef profile and menus on their website. They offer several small private dining rooms that you can hire. They also have a small venue called the Underbar, which the call ‘Marylebone's secret cellar bar’. They offer the following for 25 seated diners or 60 people standing:
    •Drinks and canapés

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Hardy's Restaurant & Wine Bar: Hardy's - Marylebone Brasserie & Wine Bar

by sue_stone Updated Apr 28, 2007

Dinner

After reading some great reviews about Hardy's Restaurant in Marylebone, I decided it sounded like the perfect venue to meet a friend for dinner. The friend in question was fellow VT'er AussieMadCow.

We ate in the "intimate non-smoking restaurant" section and loved the warm atmosphere, along with the friendly service.

Favorite Dish: We both had the Rib eye steak with chips and bearnaise sauce. Although the steak was smaller than expected, it was cooked perfectly and was very flavoursome. The chips were pretty good too. A tasty bottle of Australian Shiraz was a great accompaniment.

Being chocolate lovers, dessert was an easy choice - we both had the Chocolate Pot with walnut praline. Yum - well worth returning for. I'll be back!

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: London

Comments

Hotels Near Hardy's Restaurant & Wine Bar
4.0 out of 5 stars