Imli Indian Restaurant, London

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Imli: Indian in Soho

by Dabs Updated Jun 18, 2009

Imli meat and fish dishes

We had only a brief stopover in London on this trip and most of the London VTers were off at Euromeet, so we met up with Jenniflower and her lovely husband Lance and had a nice chat to catch up with each other. I made reservations for 6:30pm via toptable.co.uk and booked their 2 for 1 tasting menu for £12 per person.

David and I were about 20 minutes early but they seated us right away even though our party wasn't complete. Service was efficient but not overly friendly, an optional 12.5% gratuity is included on the bill.

Favorite Dish: We enjoyed everything they brought out, the regular menu and tasting menu are both set up for parties to share small portions of a lot of different dishes. I can't quite remember all that we ate but we started off with Aloo tikki (pan seared potato cakes) and Papdi chat (whole wheat crisps & bean sprouts with vermicelli, sweet yoghurt & mint chutney) and then started the meat and fish dishes which I believe were Chennai Fish, Kheema Matar (lamb), Chicken Haryali, Masala Grilled Chicken, Prawn Ajwaini, steamed rice, Indian naan bread and fig and ginger ice cream for dessert. It was a great value for £12 per person, I'd eat here again if I found another deal like that.

• deebum25's Profile Photo

Imli: Good starters but iffy mains

by deebum25 Written Sep 26, 2008

We visited Imli June 2007 and it was somewhat newly opened. We loved Indian food and wanted to give it a try. The starters were amazing. Very good, fresh and hot. The mains on the other hand were lukewarm and you could tell that they had been sitting for a while. If we could have just had the starters it would have been great and the owner did not seem very concerned when we informed him that our mains were not of a good temperature. The food was inexpensive and quick to come to the table, we just wished there was more care taken with the temperature of the main dishes.

• Singles

Instant Answers: London

Comments

Hotels Near Imli Indian Restaurant
5.0 out of 5 stars