Le Bouchon Breton, London

8 Horner Square, E1 6EW +00 44 (0)800 019 1704

• Le Bouchon Breton
    by DAO
    OVERPRICED AND NOT WORTH IT!
  • Le Bouchon Breton
  • DAO's Profile Photo

Le Bouchon Breton: Quelle Merde

by DAO Updated Jan 1, 2011

OVERPRICED AND NOT WORTH IT!

This restaurant reminded me why I never go to French Restaurants. Pretentious menus that don’t deliver, sky-high prices and strange service. I haven’t eaten in a French Restaurant in 10 years. I took a chance on a 50% off food offer and still felt like I had wasted my money.

This restaurant is a massive, non-charismatic venue set above Spitalfields Market. They were already out of the starter I wanted, La soupe du pêcheur, and several others. I ordered my food from one waiter and another arrived later with my bread. I had a duck and pate salad starter that was ok. It is described on theoir menu as: Salade Perigourdine – Foie gras, Gesier and Smoked Magret Salad, Nuts and Xeres Dressing.

The waiter then duly arrived and removed the bread off the table which I had paid for! I was speechless.

My main course was a ribeye steak. My steak was ok. No seasoning. That would have been fine if they had remembered my peppercorn sauce. They didn’t. My side salad was absolutely vile. The worst tomatoes I have every had in a restaurant. The beer? They did get that right. Not thrilled.

DAO’s recommendation? Eat somewhere else.

Favorite Dish:

My cold pint of beer. The ONLY thing they didn’t completely get wrong.

• Luxury Travel
    • Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: London

Comments

Hotels Near Le Bouchon Breton
4.0 out of 5 stars