Mai Sushi, London

Dinner at Mai Sushi
  • sue_stone's Profile Photo

Mai Sushi: Mai Sushi - Sushi near Euston/Kings Cross

by sue_stone Written Aug 10, 2008

Mai Sushi is a small sushi restaurant and takeaway located between Euston and Kings Cross in an unappealing street. Not my usual part of town, but I was motivated to visit after reading the positive reviews on TrustedPlaces coupled with some major sushi cravings of late.

Arriving at around 7pm on a Friday night, we were the only customers there. We were given a warm greeting and shown to a large table in the basically decorated, but attractive dining area. No other customers arrived while we were there - let's hope they get plenty of custom from the nearby offices at lunch time.

Favorite Dish: We spent some time reading through the large menu, which was filled with the usual sushi options, and were pleased to see that prices seemed to be lower than average. We started with a miso soup each, which was not one of the better ones I have had (to my taste). It wasn't quite hot enough and a bit weak.

Things improved with our sushi selection - we ordered their House platter, which gave us a good mix of sashimi, nigiri, and cut sushi roll. We also ordered some Eel nigiri and some extra tuna sushi roll. Loved it all, and the sashimi was particularly melt-in-your-mouth.

Service was very friendly and thoughtful, sushi was fresh and good quality, and the rice didn't have that 'been refrigerated' taste. If I worked in the area I would definitely become a regular. Giving it 3 stars, though it is worth 3.5 stars.

Dinner at Mai Sushi Dinner at Mai Sushi Mai Sushi

Instant Answers: London

Comments

Hotels Near Mai Sushi
4.0 out of 5 stars