Maroush, 21 Edgware Road, London

21 Edgware Road +00 44 (0)20 7723 0773

• Me and Emeraldcedar outside Maroush I on Edware rd
    Me and Emeraldcedar outside Maroush I on...
    by Cham
    Maroush IV (the cafe)
    by Janani
  • Maroush, 21 Edgware Road
    by Lebanese
  • uglyscot's Profile Photo

Maroush: Middle Eastern food

by uglyscot Written Nov 3, 2007

We were invited for dinner at Maroush and were seated downstairs where ther was live music [ a keyboard player, though rather too loud for our taste]. The menu was extensive , so we selected a mezze and then a selection of grilled meat.
    The lighting was quite dark,, so though there were a lot of people, you did not feel that you were in a crowd.

Favorite Dish: The chicken soup was not very strongly flavoured. The mezze selection was good, and the grilled meat included grilled lamb, chicken and minced lamb kufta which is delicious.

• Janani's Profile Photo

Maroush: I love Maroush

by Janani Updated Aug 22, 2006

Maroush IV (the cafe)

If ever my friends and I are being a bit lazy about meeting up, mentioning the name Maroush makes certain we all will; none of us can resist!

We usually meet at Maroush IV (the cafe) and I really can't quite say why it has such a nice atmosphere, but that's often the way when places become familiar. The blue and green glass tables and mosaic tiled columns do give a definite holiday feel to the place, though I still can’t understand the reason for all the pictures of actors and actresses.

The food is excellent and I've never been served anything that wasn't well cooked and delicious, in fact, it's hard to try something new, when I go there, as I always feel that what I had last time couldn't be beaten!

Several times in the Middle East, when I've discussed food with people who have visited London, they've told me that the food from Maroush can't be beaten by anywhere they know locally. Now that must be a better recommendation than mine!

The cafe is a nice informal place to eat but I think you can't book a table there; you just have to queue. Once, when the queue was really long, they asked if anyone would like to be seated immediately at another branch. We offered and were guided by a member of staff to Maroush III, where we were really well looked after and given free wine because we had moved. It was also nice but not as lively and perhaps better for a quiet or romantic meal. I also organised a meal at Maroush I, which was perfect for a large group of my colleagues and had live music and belly dancing later in the evenings.

Favorite Dish: I usually stick to the mezza, pastries and salads menu, e.g. fatayer b' sabanekh and fatoush, as that's where most of the vegetarian food is, but my carnivorous brother and friends love the kafta in yoghurt and the mixed grill.
    We rarely have wine, as the fresh juices are such a treat and the Arabic coffee, in my opinion, can't be beaten (especially as it arrives accompanied by baklawa!)

• Cham's Profile Photo

Maroush: Lebanese Class

by Cham Written Jul 27, 2006

Me and Emeraldcedar outside Maroush I on Edware rd

The restuarant was the first in the Maroush chain to be opened in London and still maintains that air of luxury about it. There are 6 restaurants in the maroush chain (maroush I-V and Maroush Gardens) plus a Deli, 4 ranoush Juice bars (smaller than the restaurants serving less food but lovely sweets) and a lebanese "fast food diner" type place called Beirut express.

For this review I'll talk about Maroush I as it's the first one that was opened.

You can't miss the front of it with it's neon title above the pillared door frame. You'll be greeted by friendly staff and the restaurant has two floors. The downstairs is host to the entertainment which can range from belly dancers to arabic singers, but always live music from about 9:30pm.

It's worth noting if you are downstairs during this period there is a 7.50 cover charge

The food is plenty and not too badly priced... i say not too badly priced because it's not as well priced as abu zaad, and certainly nowhere near as well priced as actually being in lebanon. But the food is on Par the presentation of the food is equally exquisite and the service in the restaurant is always perfect.

Favorite Dish: I hate to say just one thing becase i don't want to let everything else down, but you know you're in a good arabic restaurant when the hummous is this good.

• Maroush Restaurant is a good...

by Lebanese Written Aug 26, 2002

Maroush Restaurant is a good choice if you like Lebanese Food. It's also in Egdware Street.

Favorite Dish: Try the different Mezzah or appitizers like Homos, moutabal .

As for the main course nothing better than a dish of mixed grills... yummmm

Instant Answers: London