Pinchito Tapas. Shoreditch, London

32 Featherstone Street, Shoreditch, EC1Y 8QX +00 44 (0)20 7637 3977

• DAO's Profile Photo

PINCHITO TAPAS: BUSY TAPAS - MAYBE TOO BUSY

by DAO Written Mar 3, 2011

I liked my meal here, but I am of 2 minds regarding how to rate and review this restaurant. I want my food to be good tasting and fill me up whilst allowing me to have a drink or 2 for under £25. It’s a bit demanding I know, but I am on a company budget when I eat out in London.

The quality of the food and the atmosphere are excellent. The portions (I know its Tapas) are not large and this place is a bit too busy. I booked last minute and they wanted to seat me on a bar stool. This place is busy and popular. If you are a single business person you may want to consider you may be seated in the bar. It’s listed as under £25. That's 4 dishes or 3 and a drink before a tip. I ate 3 dishes, had a ‘glass’ of wine that could have used a top up and went for a sushi snack at the grocery store across the street.

Don’t get me wrong. This place is popular and I think its better suited for parties – at least you are guaranteed a table. I would also recommend this place to go for a drink. The large bar area is perched above the restaurant, has ample stools and seems like a good time. Like I said, this is a great restaurant for groups, not an intimate meal.

Just a bit of background notes:
    The restaurant was founded by 4 friends: Jason Fendick, Bruce Bartholomew, Tobi Blazquez Garcia and Valeria Fossatti Noguera. The decorations/art is mostly from Barcelona. They offer 10 -12 Tapas del Dia (Tapas of the Day) that change everyday in addition to the menu. The food is cooked in an open kitchen so you can watch your food being created. Every Wednesday is Paella day. They teaching Spanish cooking courses (see the website). All food can be taken away.

Favorite Dish:
    I had the Albondigas (meat balls with green olive sauce) from the standard menu and 2 dishes from the Taps of the Day Menu: Spicy Pork and a Chicken dish. The daily specials tasted better and fresher than the standard menu dish. There’s a hint for you. The wine came in a weird sort of cup shaped glass with not much in it. Luckily I had my own under the table to top it up. There’s a second hint for you. Make sure you rate this tip. Thanks.

The menu is divided into 4 and you have the daily specials as well:
    *Snacks – starters really, bread, olives, you get the idea
    * Carne – meat!
    * Fish
    * Sweets

• Singles
    • Gay and Lesbian

Instant Answers: London

Comments

Hotels Near Pinchito Tapas. Shoreditch
4.0 out of 5 stars