Ponti's, Covent Garden, London

by Jenniflower
  • alyf1961's Profile Photo

PONTI'S: A CAFE WITH ENTERTAINMENT

by alyf1961 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Ponti’s café is probably my favourite lunch stop in London. It is situated in the piazza at Covent Garden.
    It is a wonderful place to sit and watch the street entertainers.

Favorite Dish: I usually just have a snack when I come here. Fruit salad or cake with latte, which is really good here.

• lina112's Profile Photo

Pontis: Italian food

by lina112 Written May 26, 2007

pontis

I had spaguetti bolognese and a coke and it was delicius, after some shoppings and visiting Jubilee market i had a fantastic chocolate muffin, the best one that I had in long long time. There are a sort of pizzas, salads, sandwiches pastas and delicious desserts to choose.

Me comí un plato de spaguettis a la boloñesa y una cocacola y estaba buenísimo (cuando hay hambre), después de hacer unas compras en Jubilee market volví para tomarme una magdalena de chocolate que fue lo mas, es la mejor magdalena que he tomado en mi vida. Puedes elegir entre pizza, ensaladas, sandviches, pasta y postres.

• Women's Travel

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo

Pontis Piazza Restaurant and Cafe: A little bit of everything Italian!

by Jenniflower Updated Apr 21, 2006

Whooooo is that????? :)

We had our January London VT meeting lunch at Ponti’s Piazza Café, which is child friendly (not that much space to park your buggy though...), inexpensive (although rather chaotic!), caters for snacks or a proper hot meal and is right in the heart of all the shopping, whether you prefer the boutique-type shops or markets!

Favorite Dish: I had a lasagne and it was thoroughly enjoyable!

A warning? We wary of friendly men with silver hair and beards who ask you if they can video you so you can say 'hi' to Lori Pori!!!!! ;)

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Pontis: Scrumptious dessert

by Gypsystravels Written Mar 6, 2005

Strawberry Cheescake and Hot Chocolate

After having dinner at Sole, we walked around Covent Gardens and decided to stop and have some dessert. It's a great place to have a quick meal and I noticed that they served these huge stuffed potatoes called"Jack" potatoes, they really looked good, but we were there for dessert.

Favorite Dish: Mom and Kris each had a strawberry cheescake, I chose the Tiramisu, they were both oh so delicious, we topped our desserts with some nice hot chocolate.

• DUNK67's Profile Photo

Ponti`s: Covent Garden Coffee

by DUNK67 Updated Nov 12, 2004
    Ponti`s

Just recently we have made Ponti`s our regular stop off point for a coffee when we first get to London, well we`ve been twice anyway.

The restaurant is situated in the covered central part of Covent Garden and occupies two parts. The first part is actually in part of the building itself. The second part is in the middle and is open plan, with the serving area covered.

Because of this there is a slight problem with pigeons but it isn`t really that bad.

Favorite Dish: The food is more of a buffet type and they serve loads of pasta type meals. We have only stopped for coffee there, I had capuccino which was one of the better ones that I have drunk, it was quite a reasonable price as well.

We also had fresh crusty rolls which weredelicious and cost 50p if I remember correctly.

Instant Answers: London