Sarastro, London

by phil_uk_net
  • jo104's Profile Photo

Sarastro: The Show after the show

by jo104 Updated Apr 4, 2011

When I was first taken here the description I had was similar to a bordello.

Wow this is definetly something different very opulent, lots of guilding. The room is set up like a theatre with boxes & booths. There are puppets heavy fabric drapes etc.

The toilets - well lets not spoil the suprise.

The food is very good value. On sunday matinee & monday evening they have opera singers who sing around your table and a special menu.

Update 2009: There is a pre-theatre menu 2 courses for GBP14.50 & opera menu GBP26.50

Favorite Dish: starters are a mezze platter with dips also hot mezze.

My favourite is the Lamb antollian & the vegetables are to die for.

• Goddess13's Profile Photo

Sarasto's: Decadently styled and filled with fun servers!

by Goddess13 Updated Jun 6, 2006

Dining area

I felt like I was going to have a good time when I stepped into this place. It was filled with bright color and lavish fabrics. One of the waiters at the table across from me was singing songs in Italian and just giving the customers a good time! I went solo, so they sat me in a tiny booth with a couple. That was a little awkward, given the close quarters. I felt like a 3rd wheel. It could be a romantic place but it is more of a restaurant for fun! I really wanted to check out theie live opera show, but I missed it.

Favorite Dish: To start off, I was given some type of cracker style bread with this interesting dip served with carrots, celery, olives, and a few other things I forget. They gave me a huge plate of it! It was great and free! I ordered some pasta, it came within a reasonable time. I wasn't all that impressed with the taste. It was very bland. But I later found out, a lot of food I ordered in London was just that. It wasn't too expensive, which was nice. In total I must have spent 15 pounds, with the tip.

• Singles

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo

Sarastro: Ideal place for a pre or post theatre meal

by phil_uk_net Written Nov 3, 2002

Sarastro restaurant, Covent Garden

Splendid looking restaurant close to Theatreland serving Mediterranean style food with a Turkish flavour.

Instant Answers: London

Comments

Hotels Near Sarastro