Seaport, London

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Seaport: Seaport - seafood near Marble Arch

by sue_stone Written Jun 27, 2007

Seaport

A friend told me about a new seafood restaurant that had opened just near her house in Marble Arch - apparently it served up the best seafood she has had in London to date. Well, how could we not go and check it out then!

Seaport is its name, and it is located on lovely Seymour Place, just a few minutes walk from Marble Arch tube. It has a real 'local' feel about it, and serves up French style seafood dishes in a relaxed environment. The décor is nothing special, and made me feel like I was in a small town in France. The section we sat in doubled as a fishmonger, and it was reassuring to see the display of lovely fresh seafood.

Service was a bit hit-and-miss, though friendly enough. The main waiter was very 'old-school', presenting us with the wine list and then only giving us the food menu once the wine had been ordered (which normally would have really annoyed me, but seeing as there was only seafood on the menu we knew we would be safe ordering white wine).

Favorite Dish: To start we shared the Smoked Salmon with crab meat, avocado and salad. It was good, but there was too much onion mixed with the crab for my taste. For main meal we both had La Croute du Pecheur, which was Prawns, crab, scallop, and halibut baked in light puff-pastry with lobster sauce. This was pretty tasty, though the lobster sauce was very rich. We were way too full for dessert.

Seaport serves up honest food at good prices. It didn't 'wow' me enough to warrant a return visit, though can understand why my friend keeps going back - I probably would too if it was just across the road from my house.

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: London

Comments

Hotels Near Seaport
4.5 out of 5 stars