Swan pub, Bloomsbury, London

7 Cosmo Place, WC1N 3AP +00 44 (0)207 837 6223

• Swan pub, Bloomsbury
    by davecallahan
  • davecallahan's Profile Photo

The Swan: right around the corner....

by davecallahan Updated Mar 19, 2007

The Swan..... loved the atmosphere of this place (actually loved most of the London pubs).

This is where I often ate my dinner (about 7pm) when I returned to London from Harrow during my work periods in 1986 for Kodak Harrow.

Dark beer and a huge meat sandwich with some chips and sometimes a heavy barley soup that was almost a stew. I put on about 8 pounds in one month eating here.

Made some drinking buddies from some of the locals who taught me a few ditties which I have long ago forgotten. But life was good and the food was good and the company was grand.

Favorite Dish: Barley soup

• Business Travel

• shutterlust's Profile Photo

The Swan: The Swan Pub

by shutterlust Written Aug 20, 2006

I love The Swan Pub. My class and I used to come here virtually every day for a pint, or for dinner. I would highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend this place for late lunch/early dinner. Their meat pies are absolutely fantastic. I've tried many meat pies in my life, but The Swan is by far my favorite. The bartenders are always sweet and helpful. Some say that it's rather touristy now, since it's right off Russell Square and in Bloomsbury (lots of B&Bs and hotels around) but I think it still has its local flavour. A traditional pub with some outdoor seating, this pub is one of the places I always make it a point to visit when I'm back in London. Go visit and have a meat pie!

Favorite Dish: The meat pies are to die for! My favorites are the chicken and mushroom and steak and ale pies! Sometimes they are on the menu, sometimes they're not, check the blackboard for the day's specials. But in general, all their meat pies are incredibly good! And definitely try the fish and chips when you get a chance. Very crispy, but soft on the inside. The chips are a bit average, but still good.

Instant Answers: London

Comments

Hotels Near Swan pub, Bloomsbury
4.5 out of 5 stars