The Breakfast Club, London

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

The Breakfast Club: A cheerful spot

by toonsarah Updated Apr 18, 2014

Eclectic decor at the Breakfast Club

Update April 2014: there are now branches in Hoxton, the Angel (Camden Passage), Spitalfields and Batersea, with a branch near London Bridge due to open in May 2014 - check the website for details.

Looking for a place to grab a drink in Soho we came across this cheery café. With walls painted in a bright yellow, and an eclectic selection of objects on display, it stood out from others around it and drew us in. Inside we found a long counter and expected to place an order there, but were instead invited to find ourselves a table where someone would come to take our order.

We found the only remaining table in the room beyond and quickly found something to tempt us on the menu – a mocha for Chris and a smoothie for me (blueberry, strawberry, apple and an optional shot of fresh ginger). Our order was taken fairly quickly, but the drinks were a little slow in coming, which didn’t bother us too much as we weren’t in a hurry. When they did come both were fine, although I suspect they had forgotten to add the ginger to my smoothie, or had used such a small piece as to make it unnoticeable. Nevertheless I enjoyed the drink and found it very refreshing.

We didn’t eat here, but if we had wanted to we could have chosen from the long list of all-day breakfasts, wraps etc. People at other tables seemed to be enjoying these, but I’ve read some less than favourable reviews elsewhere on the web so approach with caution!

• Boerresen's Profile Photo

The Breakfast Club: Great London Breakfast

by Boerresen Updated Oct 1, 2010

Just off Oxford Street you'll find this perfect little spot for breakfast. The food is excellent, their smoothies are out of this world and the staff is welcoming and friendly. The Breakfast club is kinda kitsch but stays authentic.
    Eat your breakfast here, and you'll be good to go till dinnertime.

Favorite Dish: As for smoothies - taste will guide you, and you'll be pleased.
    As for breakfast my guilty pleasure is a half monty - I ordered a full monty once, but I couldn't finish it. Believe me these plates are loaded.
    Any way - don't miss out

• Roam's Profile Photo

The Breakfast Club (Angel): All day breakfasts

by Roam Written Mar 31, 2010

The Breakfast Club is informal, vibey, cheerful with delicious breakfast served all day. So if you fancy a cocktail with your bacon & eggs this is the place for you! I notice they also serve non-breakfast food, but haven't tried it. It's a struggle to look beyond the pancakes with maple syrup...

It is popular so you might need to wait awhile for a table. But it's a great spot for a munch break while exploring the antique shops and boutiques in Camden Passage.

Favorite Dish: Veggie All American is a real winner - pancakes & maple syrup, served with eggs, mushroom, and hashbrowns. It's not usual for a fry up to taste so fresh and tasty. And they did my scrambled eggs *just* right and I am super fussy when it comes to eggs.

Instant Answers: London

Comments

Hotels Near The Breakfast Club
4.5 out of 5 stars