The Red Fort, London

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

The Red Fort: Indian Food in Soho

by karenincalifornia Updated Nov 17, 2008

London, England

The Red Fort is located in the heart of Soho. It is an upscale Indian restaurant with a very soothing decor. Almost makes you want to practice your Zen meditation techniques. The food was delicious. We needed a restaurant that would allow my very young nieces and nephew (London restaurants are a little stricter about this than US restaurants), and the Red Fort said they could accommodate. The staff was wonderful and never objected to the fact that my 2 year old niece started taking apart the lighting fixtures, but it really wasn't exactly a place I would describe as "child friendly".

Favorite Dish: Any Indian restaurant is, of course, ideal for vegetarians like me. I sampled several very creative vegetarian dishes at The Red Fort, such as Hara kebab - spinach and fenugreek patties lightly filled with cheese, onion and coriander, Baingan mirchi ka salan - baby aubergines in chilli, peanut, coconut, sesame and tamarind sauce, and Bhindi khumb - stir fried okra with mushroom and green shallots.

Why do I think these dishes are so good? Because I've never tasted them before and I don't know how to make them at home.

• ilovespain's Profile Photo

Red Fort: Good Indian food!

by ilovespain Written Oct 5, 2004

I am not a big fan of Indian food. The hotel concierge recommended Red Fort. Probably not the most authentic Indian cuisine, but I really enjoyed it! The service was very attentive. The food was delicious. I would go back there any day.

Favorite Dish: Duck breast - juicy and flavourful!

• Texapina's Profile Photo

The Red Fort: The Red Fort

by Texapina Written Sep 8, 2002

They offered pre-theatre dinner menu for 16 pounds, prix fixe... apparently this is rare for the theatre area restaurants, who usually offer post-theatre menus.

Great service, classy atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: Lamb curry... yummy!

I also have to mention the spinach-stuffed mushrooms...sorry, I failed to write down the proper Indian name for it.

Instant Answers: London

Comments

Hotels Near The Red Fort
5.0 out of 5 stars