Town of Ramsgate pub, Wapping, London

by pieter_jan_v
  • alza's Profile Photo

Town of Ramsgate: Famous Sunday Carvery

by alza Written Jul 1, 2014

My first real English pub experience and a great one! Lucky me, it was a Sunday, the day for the Carvery meal, a choice of roasted meats (beef, lamb, pork) served with home-made Yorkshire pudding and accompanying vegetables. I chose the pork roast, delicious, gravy and all!
    My friends accompanied me with their ciders (they don't eat until nightfall) but I enjoyed the whole meal thoroughly.
    This pub is a gem, very traditional in style. Once I got home to Montreal, I saw it featured as one of the greatest pubs in London in the Londonist web magazine. No surprise! This pub is memorable in every way, including for its history. I loved the way the Chef offered the various choices and served my order accordingly.
    Highly recommended!

Favorite Dish: The Sunday Pork Carvery Roast was delicious. I have to click Not Applicable for price as I don't remember that part but it seemed reasonable overall.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Town of Ramsgate: English Pub: Town of Ramsgate

by pieter_jan_v Updated Jul 18, 2013

The Town of Ramsgate Pub is a nice typical English Pub located in the historic warehouse area at London's East End. It appears to be a narrow building, but it extends all the way to the water with a cosy terrace. It's located next to the alleyway known as Wapping Old Stairs.

Business hours:
    Mo-Sa: Noon - Midnight
    Su: Noon - 10.30PM

Kitchen open: daily Noon - 9PM

Town of Ramsgate pub sign Town of Ramsgate pub - London Town of Ramsgate pub - Interior Town of Ramsgate pub - Offers
    • Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: London

Comments

Hotels Near Town of Ramsgate pub, Wapping
4.0 out of 5 stars