Wagamama, Covent Garden, London

by seamandrew
  • Lizbeth7346's Profile Photo

Wagamama: Delicious.

by Lizbeth7346 Written Aug 1, 2013

My school group ate at Wagamama our second night in London. The seating is arranged with long communal tables that were great for our large group (who in fact took up three tables).
    For a starter we were served Miso Soup, which as a Vegetarian I loved. I ate the whole thing and the fun egg-like bowls they had it in were real fun.
    For our main course I received a dish of Soba noodles and Veggies that tasted amazing. Writing this now I can picture the taste in my mouth again and that alone could make me want to return to London.
    The rest of my group got the Teriyaki steak Soba (same dish with meat), and I heard no complaints from them either.
    10/10 do like.

Favorite Dish: The Soba Noodles were absolutely delicious!! My meal was the fixed up Vegetarian meal and I heard no complaints from those around eating the same meal with meat.
    They were very able to make my meal Vegetarian and I absolutely loved that!
    Also, the Miso Soup, fantastic, I actually found a recipe to try at home that I love as well.

• seamandrew's Profile Photo

Wagamama: Great Japanese Noodle Restaurant

by seamandrew Updated Jan 27, 2006

Wagamama noodle bar

Wagamana is an international chain of Japanese restaurants that specialize is dishes prepared with ramen and udon noodles.

Favorite Dish: Try the Apple and Orage Juice..the blend of the two juices is just fabulous. The gyoza were great and my favorite dish was kai sen udon, a dish prepared with fresh squid, prawns, scallops, red pepper, seasonal greens and garlic in a ginger and wine sauce with udon noodles and garnished with shredded crabstick and cracked pepper. I had it with the thinner ramen noodles. My wife highly recommends the place for vegetarians. They had a lot of vegetarian options and her favorite dish was the yasai cha han, which is prepared with fried rice with egg, snow peas, mushrooms, sweetcorn, fried tofu and spring onion. accompanied by a bowl of vegetable based miso soup and pickles. There are many locations throughout London so have fun and enjoy! Check the website out for locations.

• MISSQT's Profile Photo

Wagamama: Japanese - Special Occasion for BUDGET!

by MISSQT Written Feb 28, 2004

Wagamama - Covert Garden

I always come to Wagamama with a bunch of friends after a day of shopping or whenever we stop for lunch. The layout of the wooden tables and benches might remind you of a canteen but the interior is well decorated with modern style and great wood work which is nice and clean. I love sitting on those benches and looking across my friends while we chat and eat. The place suits for all moods - but for me it always gives us a sense of closeness and warmth.There is enough room under your table for your shopping bags.

Favorite Dish: I always order fried noodles and some sidings. I love those dumpling that comes with a nice sauce. I wash everything down with Elderflower drink - heavenly calm scent and it always lighten my mood after a long day of shopping:)

• leeludalas's Profile Photo

Wagamama: The Way of the Noodle

by leeludalas Written Jan 24, 2004

Great noodle bar offering good, inexpensive food in an interesting atmosphere. You are seated at picnic-style tables. Orders are taken from servers with mini palm-pilot style computers, where they enter your order which goes directly into the kitchen. As such, the food usually comes out quickly, and sometimes you will get your appetizer with your main course. But overall, it's very efficient, very good food for the price.

Favorite Dish: chicken chili men- stir fry chicken with green peppers, onions, ginger and garlic in a spicy chili sauce served with ramen noodles.

also, the ebi gyoza appetizer-dumplings stuffed with shrimp, spinach and water chestnuts and served with chili soy sauce.

• BikkleYunker's Profile Photo

Wagamama: Great pan-Asian cuisine

by BikkleYunker Written Nov 13, 2003

This is a European chain with at least 8 in central London. The process at the restaurant is different than most others, as your order is processed, by way of the waiter's Palm Pilot. THen,when your meal is ready, regardless of when you sat down, it comes to you. As banal as it sounds, I HIGHLY recommend the "pad Thai."

Favorite Dish: pad Thai

• Edgeon's Profile Photo

Wagamama's: Wagamama's

by Edgeon Written Aug 26, 2002

Wagamama's in a new age restaurant aimed at 'cleansing your body and mind.' The store itself is hi-tech: the menus are designed like web pages and the servers punch your order into a handheld computer that radios it back to the kitchen.

The food is basically oriental, but it's all healthy. Most of the dishes are raman based, with different types of meat (all white) as well as juices made at the store when you order it.

The seating is communal, with long tables and long benches where everyone just finds a seat.

Instant Answers: London

Comments

Hotels Near Wagamama, Covent Garden
4.0 out of 5 stars