Windmill Cafe & Tea Room, London

Windmill Cafe & Tea Room
  • sue_stone's Profile Photo

Windmill Cafe & Tea Room: Windmill Cafe & Tea Room - Wimbledon

by sue_stone Updated Apr 4, 2011

Located on the edge of Wimbledon Common, next to the Windmill Museum, is the Windmill Café & Tea Room. I visited the tea room for lunch one day with VT'er Jenniflower. She had pre-warned me that she hadn't had very good experiences there in the past, so I wasn't expecting much.

It isn't the nicest looking place - it is in need of a freshen up I think. The staff were not particularly friendly or helpful, though they were quite busy. You have to place your order at the counter and you will be given a number, which will be yelled out once your meal is ready. Take your pick of a table inside or out.

Favorite Dish: Food wise, you can order one of the big breakfasts, sandwiches, toasties, baguettes, other hot meals and there is also a selection of cakes and pastries.

I had a Ham & Cheese toasted sandwich and Jen had a Bacon & Avocado baguette. The food was ok, but nothing special. Oh well, I had been warned!

Jen at lunch at the Windmill Cafe & Tea Room Windmill Cafe & Tea Room my lunch Windmill Cafe & Tea Room

Instant Answers: London