Wimbledon Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Wimbledon

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo

Savannah: South African shop for those SA goodies :)

by Jenniflower Updated Apr 4, 2011

I am not too sure why, but Wimbledon acts as a magnet for South Africans, Australians and Kiwis. I guess it comes down to knowing people here upon arriving in London, and then settling with what and who you know.

Our first 2 years were spent elsewhere in London, and we moved here due to the church we became involved in www.dundonald.org

Shop hours:
    Monday - Saturday: 10:00 to 20:00
    Sunday: 10:00 to 16:00

There are 3 South African Shops in Wimbledon and even our local bakery across the road makes Koeksusters, Melk Tert and Boerewors Rolls too... catering for the demand! :)

What to buy: Oooooh there is so much to buy!

Milk Tert, biltong, boerewors, Ghost Pops, Oumas Rusks, Zoo Biscuits, Amarula Cream, Rooibos Tea, Guava and Apricot rolls, Smarties, Peppermint Crisps, Super C's, YOU magazine, Huisgenoot Magazine etc.

Most South African brands can be found here.

Update March 2006:
    This used to be called Krugers Deli, it has since changed hands and names

What to pay: More expensive than average.. but I guess they know that SAFFAS really miss home brands and will pay higher prices for them anyway :)

• Women's Travel
    • Beer Tasting

• Shorters Club: Christmas Shop

by clubbyman Written Jan 27, 2011

I have ordered from Shorters Club before - they're an online warehouse store selling food, groceries etc, to the public and not just caterers and restaurants. I usually get standard stuff from them like olive oil, things for the kitchen cupboard, but this year they've got a really good Christmas shop. I got crackers and snacks and chocolates, all the little things that end up costing a fortune and it was much cheaper from them than on the high street. I'd recommend them.

What to buy: food,groceries,chocolates,snacks,alcohol,Champagnes,etc..

What to pay: much cheaper from any other.

• Urbanmapz: www.urbanmapz.co.uk

by Andrew_t Written Nov 14, 2008

www.urbanmapz.co.uk isn't so much a shop. It is your online high street guide. Urbanmapz.co.uk has interactive internet maps that allow people to easily navigate the shopping districts of Wimbledon!

The site is really easy to use and understand. We make sure that our database is regularly updated, so you only get information that is current on the ever changing high street.

So you fancy a bit of retail therapy, but don't want it to turn into retail rage? Check out our website!

What to pay: For all advertising opportunities check out our website!

www.urbanmapz.co.uk

• Confucius's Profile Photo

The Wimbledon Shop at the Museum: Tennis clothes and Wimbledon souvenirs

by Confucius Updated Jun 17, 2007

This is the book I bought at the Wimbledon Shop

The All England Lawn Tennis Club's merchandise includes tennis clothing, T-shirts, towels, key chains, postcards, books, and those oversized tennis balls that you sometimes see fans asking players to autograph. I was relieved to see the big balls here as the gift shop at Roland Garros in Paris did not have them.
    What I really wanted though was a miniature replica of the men's championship trophy. This item still does not exist, but the gift shop manager told me that they are now considering my brilliant idea as a future merchandise option.

What to buy: I say, old boy, the Wimbledon T-shirts available in 2006 were terribly tacky. Somebody with absolutely no taste or creativity decided that the numbers "06" would look good across the chest with the simple name "Wimbledon" underneath. It does not even have the official Wimbledon logo!(See photo #2) Come on, England! Is that the best you can do? Awful.
    (2007 UPDATE: Well now, have you seen the London 2012 Olympics logo? That is indeed the best they could do!)
    The purple and green umbrella looks good, but I have so many umbrellas already.
    I ended up buying the nice little book "Wimbledon; Serving Through Time" as it features highlights of the Lawn Tennis Museum and only cost 5 Euros.

What to pay: You can spend 23 Euros for the ugly T-shirt or save 20 Euros and opt for the Wimbledon logo mousepad which is only 3 Euros.

• Women's Travel
    • Museum Visits

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo

Merton Abbey Mills: Looking for that something different?

by Jenniflower Written Jan 11, 2007

I have been to Merton Abbey Market a few times.

They hold Abbeyfest Events where they have live music, lots of food on offer, comedy and theatre.

They have various little restaurants where one can have a meal or have a coffee.

There is a super pub there too, right on the banks of the river! (check out my tip for The William Morris public house under London restaurants).

What to buy: You can buy all kinds of things here, from childrens books and toys, to art and crafts, to fishing items, artworks and paintings, gem stones and rocks and fossils, to clothing and hats.

I have bought a lovely handcrafted frame here before and I had my eye on their stain glass mirror too... but dont really have room for it at home, so didnt get it.

Prices are not at all bad, considering they are handcrafted too.

What to pay: Items are not that expensive, considering they are hand crafted. I have a good look though when I come here, to find bargains! :)

• A Gallery: Great Contempory art

by Fredrick123 Written Jan 3, 2007

I really like the A Gallery, Wimbledon, opposite the Leather Bottle Pub / Nelson Hospital in Merton Hall Road. It has some brilliant art by some of the top names in art at a reasonable price, I find the staff helpful and will source art for me if necessary. I recommend them thoroughly, I especially love the Mila Judge-Furstova etchings. Aways welcomed by a smile.

What to buy: Original artwork.

What to pay: You can expect to pay from £100-£10,000 depending on the artist and the artwork you want, however you can buy original cards from as little as £2.50.

• Architecture

• alucas's Profile Photo

The Wimbledon Shop: All things tennis !

by alucas Written Jul 9, 2006

The Wimbledon Shop

The Wimbledon Shop can be found under No 1 Court, on the lowest level at the south end. It sells all sorts of things connected with tennis from clothing to those outsize tennis balls that you see the kids offering up for autographs (£ 15). There is an extensive range of mens and ladies sports clothing, a variety of hats and visors and all sorts of souvenirs. But be careful, the prices are quite steep and you are paying for the logo !

What to buy: A souvenir of the Champoinships, maybe a towel (Large ladies towel £ 24 sold 10,500 last year), or a cap with the Wimbledon logo (£ 16), or maybe an umbrella (£ 20).

Aubergine: Fantastic little Art Gallery & Picture Framer

by Jenniflower Written Jun 21, 2005

Aubergine Art Gallery

I go past this art gallery twice a day, every day, on the bus, to and fro work. I love looking at their window display... thankfully they change it quite often. I am always keen and eager to see what new and exciting piece is in the window! On a Saturday morning I will venture inside to have a good look around.

What to buy: Aubergine offer a picture and photo framing service, but specialises in selling lovely pieces of Art. It's a small gallery, but has a good selection of frames and paintings.

My hubby and I always buy an original work of art whenever we visit a new country. And we always get them framed here. Service is efficient, she knows what she's talking about... it IS dear, but then you pay for the quality. I will have these paintings for a lifetime so dont mind paying a bit more to ensure they are cared for properly.

What to pay: More expensive than average....

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo

The French Market: Being French in Wombles ;)

by Jenniflower Written Jun 11, 2005

JO and Jen

Jo104 (Jo) and I had a lovely English breakfast and a natter and a stroll through the French Market in Wimbledon. What a hustle and a bustle on a Saturday morning! But is was good ~ I got some birthday pressies for family, some lovely SA goodies to munch on, and some great company too :)

What to buy: All kinds of things can be bought here! From pancakes to flowers, to olives and lavender, to basket bags and cheese. It's a real delight!

What to pay: It's not that expensive at all... some good deals!

• Theme Park Trips

• deeper_blue's Profile Photo

Various: Centre Court Shopping

by deeper_blue Written Sep 10, 2003

Located in the Broadway, Centre Court is an attractive complex, with many chain stores and restaurant facilities.

Instant Answers: Wimbledon

Comments

Wimbledon Shopping

Reviews and photos of Wimbledon shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Wimbledon sightseeing.