Bolton Transportation

• My train taking me from Manchester to Bolton
    My train taking me from Manchester to...
    Bolton Railway Station
    Bolton Transport Interchange

Most Recent Transportation in Bolton

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Bolton Railway Station

by spidermiss Updated Dec 9, 2014

I travelled to Bolton from Leeds on the train via Manchester and it took me each way approximately 1.5-2 hours. Outbound, I changed at Manchester Piccadilly (took me around 1.5 hours) and Manchester Victoria on my return leg of the journey (took me around 2 hours as I was on a slower train). It cost me 20.50 gbp (September 2014) (An off peak day return) to travel there.

The railway station is part of the town's transport interchange which consist of a bus interchange and taxi rank. The railway station is small with a staff ticket hall with the usual station facilities including waiting rooms, refreshment facilities and toilets.

For further information including trains click on to Transport for Greater Manchester.

My train taking me from Manchester to Bolton Bolton Railway Station Bolton Transport Interchange Bolton Transport Interchange
    • Trains

• jetwind's Profile Photo

Great access

by jetwind Written Dec 14, 2005

Fly into Mancester airport and join Transpennie express for the 40 minute ride to Bolton via Manchester city centre. The schedule operates 24 hours a day and runs every 15 minutes during day light hours and are less frequent at other times.

Entrance to Bolton Rail station Virgin Trains

Instant Answers: Bolton

Comments

Bolton Transportation

Reviews and photos of Bolton transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bolton sightseeing.