Gunwharf Quays: Gunwharf Never Sleeps!!!
It is impossible to talk about any one club in particular in Gunwharf, because each has its own atmosphere and unique reason for visiting.
Being a student, I find the best nights to go out are usually in the week when there are special promotions on drinks and entry fees, happy hours, music gigs, etc etc. (although these become less common during the summer break).
Otherwise you can expect to pay normal high prices for drinks and cocktails, and expect long queues after 10pm to get in, and then more waiting at the bar.......
The main night spots in Gunwharf worth visiting are:
- 'Tiger Tiger', a large stylish club with many bars, a restaurant, an outdoor terrace and extra rooms for those extra busy nights.
- 'Tallulahs', a medium-sized club with a bar and green restaurant, which often has special drinks promotions.
- 'Jongleurs', a very popular club with regular stand-up comedian nights.
- Others of note are 'Bar 38', 'Ha-ha Bar' and 'Customs House', all within a very close vicinity.
The Grosvenor Casino is also great for a quiet drink in stylish surroundings, and the tables are right there if you're feeling lucky.......
Dress Code: During the week there is never usually a problem with dresscode in any of the clubs, but on weekends, like in any city, this inevitably changes.
Normally you will be expected to wear a shirt and smart trousers (although this is no longer a strict dresscode), with definitely no trainers allowed!!
Route 66: Route 66
It plays mainly 'party' music and takes records from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's which blend together to give an excellent atmosphere to dance to in one of it's many dance areas, or simply enjoy the company for your friends / work colleagues in one of the seating areas.
It is suitable for any age of 'clubgoer', and prides itself in attracting the slightly older age range as well as the carefree younger people (over 18's).
The good lighting and well thought-out layout gives you a sense of enjoyment and fun. It has taken it's theme from the casual American Diner/Bar concept with many artefacts located around the club suggesting such a concept.
Dress Code: Jeans OK
NO Trainers or Sportswear
NO Visible Tattoos
NO Steel Toe-Cap Shoes
Metal Detection & Searches are operated as the norm to keep Route 66 a carefree fun place to be
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices