The Forge Museum is set in an attractive Grade II listed building. Originally a farmhouse of Moor Place, the earlier parts of the building date from the 15th century, Horseshoe Cottage and Forge Cottage date from the 16th century. The forge and bellows room are part of a 17th century barn conversion, and in 1811 the shoeing room and blacksmith’s shop were added when Frederick Page moved in. The Page family ran the village smithy at Much Hadham until 1983, when Charles Page died aged 91. Charles’s daughter, Miss Jean Page, conveyed the forge and its two cottages to the Hertfordshire Building Preservation Trust by Deed of Gift in 1988. Much work has gone into restoring the forge, its buildings and contents. The Forge Museum was opened in 1991. Inside one of the rooms at Forge Cottage are a series of wall paintings. Thought to date to the late 16th century when the building was part of a medieval hall house and court room during the reign of Queen Elizabeth, they depict various scenes and themes.
Open: Fri-Sun 11am-5pm. Admission: £3.50.
Much Hadham Hall is the most splendid mansion in the village. Standing beside a massive tree, the house, built in 1735, has a central Venetian window, a sloping roof and, beside the stables, an arched carriageway with four windows on each side.
St Andrew's Church is large with a complicated history. Although originally a l2th-century church, apparently nothing remains of that period. Rebuilding began with the chancel c. 1220, with its blocked north lancet window, then the south aisle, c. 1250, and the north aisle, c. 1300. The tower was added in 1382—1404 and has three stages and a tall spire. The clerestory, roofs and south porch were added in the 15th century, when many windows were renewed. The entrance to the church is adorned with two sculptures by Henry Moore, who was also a resident in the village until his death in 1986.