Bridlington Restaurants

• Inside Bridlington Restauraunt - place to eat
    Inside Bridlington Restauraunt - place...
    by rredshaw
  • Entrance.  Victorian hotel - wonderfull building
    Entrance. Victorian hotel - wonderfull...
    by rredshaw
    The Lobster Pot
    by Britannia2

Most Recent Restaurants in Bridlington

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

The Lobster Pot: On the Hull road

by Britannia2 Updated Jun 30, 2013
    The Lobster Pot

A large pub restaurant south of the town on the A165 towards Hull. This was recently revamped (2013) and has improved gardens with pleasant outside dining and a more traditional interior with the emphasis on wood panelling and wooden floors.
    The food emphasis is chicken based (although other traditional English foods such as steak and kidney pie, fish and chips etc is available). There is a huge rotisserie in the centre of the restaurant constantly turning chickens and each chicken comes with a choice of 6 sauces, 6 extras such as vegetables and chips/potatoes/baked potato etc. for £8.95.
    Service rather slow and we had a to remind the waitress our main meals were very late in coming to the table - I got the impression they had forgotten our order as it was still some time before the meals arrived.

Favorite Dish: Starters were red mullet with a salad and probably the best prawn cocktail I have ever had. Mains were chickens - one with lemon and garlic glaze and one with a BBQ glaze. The vegetables were peas, carrots and green beans and the meals were so large I did not finish mine.
    Total bill (4/5/2013) for two starters, two mains, drinks etc was £28.40 - exceptionally good value.
    Re-visited 29/06/13 - service slower than previous visit. The table next to us had their starters delivered twice and another table refused their food as it was cold and walked out. Our late arriving meal was generally OK but the potatoes were overcooked. We will not be going back.

• The Funny Onion: Best place to eat in Brildington

by rredshaw Written Jan 27, 2012

Entrance.  Victorian hotel - wonderfull building

I was looking for a place to eat in Bridlington and was recommended a restaurant called the Funny Onion. I found it about 200 yards back from the spa, towards the coach park.

The food is mainly a steakhouse, so steaks, ribs, burgers etc. The food was brilliant – really excellent meat. It does advertise it as local and homemade, but most places say this….but this really was. The chips were clearly handcut and fresh fried. I cannot stand the yellow frozen things you get in most places but these were sublime. The steak I had was great 10/10 and my wife had a burger which was also homemade and fantastic. Even the onion rings and coleslaw was visibly homemade.

The décor and everything was great, the service was good and attentive. We had to pay up at the bar but actually it was quite handy in that I didn’t have to mess about waiting for a bill at the end so I was actually quite pleased even with that in the end!

Also had a lovely open fire we sat beside.

Highly recommended if you are looking for a Bridlington restaurant or place to eat.

Favorite Dish: Steak and Burgers. Fresh meat - great quality and the homemade gourmet burger was the best we've had.

• Water Sports

• The Old Forge Sewerby: Do not go

by samuelpepys Written Jul 7, 2010

A number of weeks before the event, I booked a party of 21 into The Old Forge for Sunday lunch for the occasion of a 70th birthday party. The guests were all elderly and were travelling from many points throughout the north of England. To help the restaurant we obtained their choices from the menu in advance and supplied these to the restaurant. Five days before the event we received a phone call from the management to say that another party had been booked in wrongly for the following week when in fact their event was to take place on the same day. As this party wished to dine shortly after our booked time, we were given the options of changing to an earlier time (not convenient as people were travelling considerable distances), eating and getting out as quickly as possible, or cancelling. In spite of the inconvenience this caused we did indeed cancel. As you will appreciate we will not be using this establishment again!

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

Station Buffet: The best station cafe anywhere

by Britannia2 Written Jul 14, 2009
    The Station Buffet

A visit to the Station Buffet is worthwhile even if you are not travelling by train. I stopped by on my way home on the train recently when I was a little early for the train. A real find - just like stepping back to the 1950s with a real station buffet from a bygone era feel about it. You could expect the two main characters from Brief Encounter to walk in at any moment.
    The cafe has a fine display of old bottles, teapots, and more general memorabilia and the bar next door is filled with railway memorabilia.
    Open all year,and there is wheelchair access and the bar and buffet are disabled friendly.
    Regular events are held at the Buffet including talks and presentations covering all aspects of the railway industry and associated topics for local people interested in the railway hobby.
    It is famous for its flower display in the summer and there are over 3000 plants that provide a colourful display in the summer months.

Favorite Dish: There is a good selection of coffees and the hot chocolate is very good. A good range of full meals and snacks are available.

• marieangel's Profile Photo

The Old Forge, Sewerby: A Warm Welcome

by marieangel Written May 29, 2006

Nestled just off the cliff top walk in Sewerby the Forge always has a warm welcome. Brilliant for little ones there is a collection of toys and books and mini table and chairs.
    There is achanging mat/table in the loos and even spare nappies and wipes.
    Very busy at weekend lunch times - book if you would be really stuck otherwise, the place is peaceful for morning coffee/late breakfast and afternoon tea. Plenty of room for prams/pushchairs and three highchairs.
    Attracts day trippers, regulars, single eaters (I guess cos it's so friendly).
    Mixed menu, the usual toasties, jackets, sandwiches, breakfasts with an additional main meals as specials and at weekend lunchtimes. all very good quality and well cooked. Prices average £3.95 for prawn jacket.
    The best thing though is the cakes! Chocolate cake, tiffin, peanut slice, date slice, best I've found in a while!

Favorite Dish: A slice of Tiffin, crumbly yet moist, lashings of chocolate topping.

• Singles

• JohnnySpangles's Profile Photo

Rags: Look carefully

by JohnnySpangles Updated Sep 20, 2003
    View from the pasta.

Bridlington is full of cafes and restaurants selling fish and chips or carvery, and I'm sure they're all very nice. If you want something different Rags has a nice conservatory that looks out over the harbour and the menu features more than just fish and chips.

Favorite Dish: Pasta wasn't bad, Duck wrap was okay too.

Instant Answers: Bridlington

Comments

Bridlington Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bridlington restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bridlington sightseeing.