Historic River Tours, Canterbury

4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars - 5 Reviews

• Chris Fairhall, former Head Boatman on the bridge
    Chris Fairhall, former Head Boatman on...
    The Dominican Priories
  • The landing jetty and the Infamous Ducking Stool
    The landing jetty and the Infamous...
  • Alright but not happy

by HaScoaches Written Mar 1, 2014

I found this tour after a bit of looking on the internet and it was the top rated one so I decided to go with them. After a 20 minute wait round the back of a pub I got on the boat with my wife who struggled because she has hip problems climbing into the boat took a lot of trouble. The guide was nice and he told us some funny jokes on the tour but it was very short which was a bit dissappointing also some other boats went past which looked nice but they were a different company. They told us the tour was 45 minutes long but that must include the waiting time because on the boat we were only there for 30 minutes. The tour was ok but I was upset we waited so long for a short trip, they did also say if we werent happy we didnt have to pay but when I said something at the end they wouldnt listen and made me pay full adult price even though we are OAPs. On the way back to the coach another boy gave us a leaflet for the boats we saw before and we were even more annoyed as those boats were actually cheaper.

by AlHocking Written Sep 15, 2009

I went on the Canterbury river tours experience with the kids yesterday - from the bridge in the middle of the city,the one by the black and white Italian restaurant. 40 minutes up and down the river on a boat, about 10 of us. The boatman is great, knows his stuff about the city and its brilliant history. Kids enjoyed it too, so did I - first time I've been on it and I'm a local of Canterbury. Thoroghly adise going, bargain for the money and beautiful scenery.

by GongmasterFlash Written Dec 11, 2008

Chris Fairhall, former Head Boatman on the bridge

Canterbury Historic River Tours prides itself on offering one of the most enjoyable insights into Canterbury’s historic past which can capture the imagination of people of all age groups.
    As one of the main attractions in one of England’s principal tourist cities, the tour provides both visitors and locals with a unique vantage point to some of Canterbury’s most stunning and important architecture.
    Flowing through the heart of historic Canterbury, The River Stour is the perfect way to escape the hustle and bustle of one of the country’s busiest city centres, allowing you to discover parts of the city that are only accessible by our tour.
    Each boat is chauffeured by your guide, who presents the historical facts of the passing buildings and monuments in a light-hearted and entertaining manner.

• Sailing and Boating

by GongmasterFlash Written Dec 11, 2008
    Chris Fairhall, former Head Boatman on the bridge

• Sailing and Boating

• jo104's Profile Photo

Historic River Guided Tours

by jo104 Written Oct 25, 2006

If its a nice day in Canterbury it can be pretty hectic in the streets as tourism is the main industry. So my suggestion is you enjoy a guided historical tour on the river Stour. Also ladies there is the distint benifit of your chauffer being a bit of eye candy :-) well we had a very handsome young guide (thanks Jason)

The guide will row you under some pretty low bridges so do mind your head. The tour lasts about 40min and your guide will give you the low down in a unique and entertaining manner.

The cost of a trip costs Adults GBP6 Children GBP4
    Tours leave 10-5pm 1 April to 1 Oct
    The trips are weather permitting - in light rain umbrella's are available
    Please don't hesitate to leave your guide a tip they definetly work hard for it :-)

Instant Answers: Canterbury

Comments

Hotels Near Historic River Tours
3.5 out of 5 stars