Margate Favorites

by ginte

Best Rated Favorites in Margate

Sea water

by ginte Updated Oct 7, 2005

Favorite thing: After the first swimming in the sea, I've found out that the water was really too salty for my eyes and lips. But, wait... If it's so salty, then I have to try something... It was a real fun, as I've never experienced this before. It was enough just to move my hands very slowly in the water and that's it - I still stayed above it :D A great experience!

Beach treasures

by ginte Updated Oct 7, 2005

Favorite thing: I prefer beaches which are not too crowded, with great views and with some 'treasures': shelfs or stones. So then I have an extra activity in the beach. I can search for some nice stones or shelfs for to take them back home for my collection or just to take nice photos at the beach.

Sandy beach

by ginte Updated Oct 7, 2005

Favorite thing: I loved Margate for the golden sandy beach. Other beaches I've seen at the East coast of England had stones not only at the shores, but also in the water. So this one seemed like a heaven to me;-)

• bumpychick's Profile Photo

Sunsets

by bumpychick Updated Mar 17, 2007

Favorite thing: My favourite thing to do is sit outside when of the seafront pubs on a summer's evening and watch the sunset. Margate sunsets can be as beautiful as any I've seen in the world

Fondest memory: As a student I studied in London. I used to travel home by train on the occasional weekend, and loved the moment when I stepped out of the station. You can immediately smell the sea, hear the seagulls and take in the great view across the harbour.

• redflame100's Profile Photo

Parking on the sea front

by redflame100 Written Nov 15, 2004

Favorite thing: We visited Margate on a Saturday evening in November and were pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to park (this may not be the same in the summer!).

We parked at the harbour car park which is right on the sea front and parking was only 30p per hour.

However, we struggled to use our 2 hours in Margate - great parking, shame about the place.

Instant Answers: Margate

Comments

Margate Favorites

Reviews and photos of Margate favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Margate sightseeing.