Ramsgate Restaurants

Belgian Cafe, Ramsgate, Kent, UK.
    by planxty
  • Peter's Fish Factory, Ramsgate, Kent, UK.
    Peter's Fish Factory, Ramsgate, Kent,...
    by planxty
  • Moules, Belgian Cafe, Ramsgate, Kent, UK.
    Moules, Belgian Cafe, Ramsgate, Kent,...

Most Recent Restaurants in Ramsgate

• planxty's Profile Photo

Peter's Fish Factory.: the queue says it all.

by planxty Written Sep 1, 2012
    Peter's Fish Factory, Ramsgate, Kent, UK.

I have written many tips about fish and chip shops in the UK, specifically on the coast and they really are an integral part of any visit to the coast. The region of Thanet in Kent (Margate, Broadstairs and here in Ramsgate are extremely well-served for such places. Sadly, much of the local fishing activity is long gone, victim of EU regulations and quotas in the main. However, there are still some good places.

I am a fan of Peter's. I hesitate to call it a chain but the eponymous Peter, a delightful man who I have met, has a few fish restaurants in the area and they are all excellent. As the title suggests, and the image confirms, there is nearly always a queue here although you never have to wait long as the staff are really efficient, not to mention friendly.

I have included this in the restaurant section as they do have seating although I opted to take my purchase away and sit overlooking the boats in the harbour whilst eating what was a simply delicious haddock and chips. It was the complete essence of a day by the British seaside for me. Who says fast food is not good?

The attached web page confirms how good the place is, it has just been named (2012) as making the best chips in Britain. I thoroughly concur with the judges decision!

Highly recommended.

Favorite Dish: I had the haddock and chips which was wonderful.

• lomi's Profile Photo

Belgian Cafe: Not to be missed

by lomi Updated Aug 28, 2012

Take one part funky music bar, one part European restaurant, one part theatre and one part beer cellar and shake.

I was so glad I peeked into the Belgian Cafe and studied the menu, because from the outside it looks like any other English bar with tables and chairs outside.

The menu was so enticing I stayed even though I was alone (aw), I was not going to miss this during my once in a lifetime trip to Ramsgate.

Favorite Dish: I decided on the crab meat with alioli and side salad because I wanted a light lunch. But everything on the menu sounded delicious. And because it was Sunday there was also a full carvery being served.

• planxty's Profile Photo

The Belgian Cafe: A little touch of Belgium

by planxty Written Sep 25, 2011
    Belgian Cafe, Ramsgate, Kent, UK.

This is another one of those places that is very difficult to categorise within VT. It is a cafe, restaurant, bakery, music venue, internet cafe, bar and probably three or four other things I have forgotten. It really is a gem. I have decided to review it under restaurant as that was the reason for my visit. My dining companion assured me the mussels here were quite spectacular, and as usual the locals know best. They really were excellent.

The Belgian cafe really is like nowhere else I have ever been situated in an excellent position on the seafront near the main sands with delightful views over the Royal Harbour. It has a huge selection of beers and ciders (over 100, mainly Belgian) and the beer menu is a delight to peruse. They bake fresh on the premises all day, and I must say the bread served with the moules was excellent.

I know it is a popular live music venue, I have friends who play there and I have even guested there once myself. It is a nice space to play and can get quite lively.

Another big draw is the opening hours, which seem to defy all logic regarding licensing laws. You can have a drink here Sunday to Thursday 7am till 2am and Friday and Saturday 7am till 3am. Food is available all day as well.

Well worth a look.

Favorite Dish: The mussels in French style, served with home baked bread as pictured. We had the half kilo which was quite sufficient for two.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• bonio's Profile Photo

Surin: Good Thai

by bonio Written Sep 23, 2008

Not just Thai but Laos and Cambodian cuisine on offer here as well.
    Friendly restaurant and a bewildering choice on the menu, took us a while to make up our minds and finally we both went vegetarian (unusual for me) and extremely tasty food for us.
    Price reasonable, food good and very friendly - has to be worth a visit - enjoyed

• Sian Kitchen: great food, good value

by seaspangle Written Feb 16, 2007

Really tasty Thai food, well presented by friendly and efficient staff. Small cosy setting with windows looknig out over the marina.

Favorite Dish: Pad Thai noodles: comfoft food with a twist of lime, peanut sauce and chillies.

• grayfo's Profile Photo

Peter's Fish Factory: Fish and Chips at the Harbour

by grayfo Written Apr 6, 2005

Vintage Postcard

Get yourself a bag of fish and chips from Peter's Fish Factory, find a bench and just watch the world go by in this tranquil harbour setting.

Favorite Dish: Cod and Chips

• Sailing and Boating

Instant Answers: Ramsgate

Comments

Ramsgate Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ramsgate restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ramsgate sightseeing.