Tunbridge Wells Nightlife

by Mariajoy

Most Recent Nightlife in Tunbridge Wells

Thorins: Bar & Brasserie

by ChrisnJan Written Feb 10, 2008

A very nice place, the clientele are mainly 30-40 something’s, the staff are friendly and the food is very good. The main bar and the restaurant are on the first floor accessed by a very steep staircase making this a very impractical place for wheelchair users. There is a downstairs bar but it is very rarely open, I have been here on numerous occasions but I think I have only seen it open once. There is also a small shady garden which is quite nice in summer.

Dress Code: Smart casual

Royal Wells Inn: A Nice Hotel Bar

by ChrisnJan Updated Jan 30, 2008

This is actually a hotel but I can't comment on the accommodation as I have never seen the rooms. It also has what looks like an impressive restaurant but as I have never eaten here I do not feel qualified to comment on that either.

However, I have popped in for a drink with friends from time to time and it is a very nice and comfortable bar. It has a clean, modern decor and cheerful friendly staff.

The sort of place I like for a quiet relaxed drink with friends!

Cassidys: Best Place To Watch Sports

by ChrisnJan Updated Dec 28, 2007

A nice pub with a varied clientele, friendly and cheerful staff and a good atmosphere. This was my favourite place for watching sports, before I was allowed to have Sky Sports indoors, as they have a few plasma screens as well as a big screen projector. That said you don't have to be a sports fan to enjoy a drink here.

The Compasses: Good Choice of Real Ales

by ChrisnJan Updated Nov 26, 2006

The Compasses

A traditional pub with a friendly atmosphere. The pub is tucked away up a side street, off of the High Street. The small garden exits into a small but attractive piece of parkland with a children’s play area. There is a selection of very good real ales available here.
    This place gets mixed reviews on various websites, personally I think it's a great pub for a drink (a real pub atmosphere), but I would not plan to eat here.

• ChrisnJan's Profile Photo

The Duke of York: Excellent place for warm summer evenings.

by ChrisnJan Updated Nov 5, 2006

A nice little pub with good beers and a good atmosphere. It gets very busy in summertime but don't worry about overcrowding as everyone takes their drinks outside.
    I have spent some very nice evenings here!

• Que Pasa: Bar! Cafe! Ole!

by Mariajoy Updated May 31, 2006

Que Pasa?

Fun and friendly chain bar/restaurant with a slightly exotic feel (for T.Wells anyway!). I had some excellent vegetarian fajitas here, though I do remember sending back some cheesecake once - it was still frozen!

Dress Code: Informal but not shabby.

Instant Answers: Tunbridge Wells

Comments

Tunbridge Wells Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Tunbridge Wells nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tunbridge Wells sightseeing.

View all Tunbridge Wells hotels