Blackpool Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by Benson35

Most Recent Restaurants in Blackpool

• solopes's Profile Photo

Nando's: To forget - or not!

Blackpool

Ai Nando, Nando! Onde é que tu andavas, pá?

The worst experience in Blackpool - we arrived late to this restaurant, curious to find how did this Portuguese adapt our great food to the doubtful English tastes.

Well, the employee was already "out" and, for one hour, she made the possible to force up to give up, even inviting us to pay in advance for a dinner where no one knew exactly what did they have to serve, nor even her. And we did give up. We left and moved... to Empress, of course.

Empress: Excellent

Empress - Blackpool

Located inside Winter Gardens, with good presentation and during a large event, I was expecting this restaurant to be expensive, slow and confuse in service.

What a great surprise - the service was efficient (well, almost allways...), gentle, the food excellent, and the price reasonable.

All these qualities made Empress "our" restaurant in Blackpool, having there at least half of our meals.

The menu is not very large, what may turn the food very repetitive, but for isolated or only a few meals it's perfect.

Favorite Dish: All kind of risottos

Mac Donald: The risks of youth

Blackpool

I hate fast-food, that well tasting poison that fools our children. I accept a pizza now and then, but that is as far as I can go.

Mac Donald is fast-food icon and I banned it. However, travelling with young people, sometimes with a tight schedule, it may be impossible to resist.

TWICE! Twice I had to go there! The first to "eat something" late in the night (I had a tasteful milk shake with cement - I mean ice cream) and the other one for lunch (fried chicken).

I survived, and the allergic bubbles in the fingers that I had to dip in the french fries package have disappeared (forgive them, grand grand father, the fork was really your greatest invention!)

• Benson35's Profile Photo

Bella Italia: Tasty!

by Benson35 Written Nov 10, 2012

Bella Italia is family restaurant that is part of a chain. There are two in Blackpool, I usually go to the Church Street restaurant.

Bella Italia offers good deals for lunch time and evening meals from a set menu.
    The bread and garlic butter is to die for and the brushetta is tasty too!
    My Godson always chooses spaghetti and meatballs off the kids menu, and I've tried something different every time and not been disappointed!

For some reason the Blackpool restaurant is the best I've been to quality and taste wise.

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Pizza Hut: Cheap and Cheerful

by spidermiss Updated Jun 2, 2012

Pizza Hut, South Beach Branch, Blackpool

My friend and I had lunch at the town's Pizza Hut, an international Pizza Restaurant chain, before exploring. We had ordered a large stuffed crust pizza between us and had complimentary salad to accompany it. We also ordered soft drinks to go with the food.

We visited the Blackpool Tower Branch (the photo shows the South Beach Branch)

Favorite Dish: We had a stuff crust pizza and each half had our favourite toppings. My half was a vegetable supreme although I'm not sure now which toppings my friend had for the other topping.

The pizza was adequate even if I had better at other branches but it was filled us up with energy for our walk on the front.

The bill worked out 11 gbp each including service tip.

Cookies: Good coffee

A pleasant surprise!
    The place was nice with a small esplanade under the cold but bright sun, and the ladies decided to risk it for a coffee. For a Portuguese it is hard to find a good coffee outside Portuguese or Italian restaurants, and we didn't find "our" coffee there. However, it was a reasonable drink, and the ladies really appreciated the pastries they ate with the coffee. A positive impression.

Quilligan's: A Familiar place

Blackpool

I have very bad idea about english food, and after a (obviously to forget) snack in MacDonald's in our arrival night, our first lunch was in this restaurant. maybe because the expectations were low, maybe bacause they are really good, I enjoyed the meal. The food looked tipically british, but... with taste! Well done, well served, the roasted beef was totally aproved.

• Festivals

Bella Italia: Good solution

Blackpool

Our favorite restaurant outside Winter Garden was this one. Good food, reasonable price, the only problem was... to get a table. Maybe because of the many clients, the service was a little bit slow.

Favorite Dish: Good pizza

• Architecture
    • Beaches

• Pizza Hut Church Street Blackpool: A True Italian Godfather Experience

by cjacks1 Written Apr 18, 2012

We should have known as we peered into the virtually empty Pizza Hut that all was not well beyond the tired looking salad bar, but with two starving children on my hands demanding pizza and the prospect of a wet, grey day overlooking the North Sea ahead I braved it. My friend who was with us had decided to eat before we set off, with a restricted diet she struggles eating out and rather than be a pain eats before she ventures out the front door. After this Pizza Hut experience I may join her. In we went, unaware of the ordeal ahead. The waitress suggested the buffet as being the best option. My friend explained there was nothing she could eat on the menu and we ordered a coffee which tasted straight from the jar for her, two chidren's and an adult buffet and a side order of garlic bread to share. All seemed well.
    I made up a salad plate for me and the kids to share and told my friend to pick off it and suck on a pickled onion as she couldn't eat nothing (how naive of me to think this behaviour would be allowed). The princely total of four slices of pizza and a scoop of vegetarian pasta and a plate of greens (in the hope the little angels would eat something healthy) we headed back to the table. The sharks were circling.
    The three of us tucked in. My friend pinched a tomato off my plate. At warp speed seven our waitress appeared and said if my friend wanted to eat she would have to pay the full buffet price even if she wasn't eating the buffet. My friend braved the coffee.
    My daughter offered her a bit of her garlic bread (paid for as a side order), you can't share growled the waitress.
    My daughter stopped eating as the staff, due to lack of customers presumably had stationed themselves to watch every mouthful we ate. I felt like I had walked into a cross between the Big Brother House staffed by the characters from Corleone's gang in the Godfather.
    The prospect of any further tired vegetables and meagre topped pizza watched on by the death squad proved too much. We agreed to get out and find somewhere civilised and welcoming for coffee and dessert. I went to pay to be told as my friend had been seen eating a vegetable and garlic bread (paid for) they would be charging her £6.99. My response was succinct and no we didn't pay.
    Was this the end of the customer care package from Gulag 49 -no. The serving waitress then cornered my daughter and demanded to know how old she was. I desperately thought "did she slip a glass of vino whilst we weren't looking". Apparently the crime committed was that she is 15 and not a child, so that half piece of dried up pizza she ate should have been £6.99. The last time I looked children were under 18 and when she ordered from the same waitress a child's portion she was not asked to produce proof of age nor told about this Pizza Hut law.
    If you want food that probably saw the first light more than a day ago, customer service based on SS interrogation and intimidation techniques, your children are under 12 |(take proof to avoid confrontation) and if one of your party can't eat wheat and a range of dressing and would just like a drink so as not to spoil your day out then this is probably not the place for you.

Favorite Dish: The exit one.

• mikandbarb's Profile Photo

Good Indian Food

by mikandbarb Written May 25, 2011

The Bombay Restaurant is on the street directly behind the the Hilton Hotel in Blackpool that leads down to Gynn Square. The restaurant frontage is not grand and it does not look very big from the outside and the interior is simply decorated , but the food was the best Indian food that we have had for months ( we have eaten Indian food all over the world but some of the worst has been in America and would you believe it - INDIA).

The waiters were friendly and very attentive and the food is certainly not overpriced.
    There were several Indian couples eating in the restaurant (always a good sign)
    and by the time we were leaving the place was filling up quickly.

Favorite Dish: We ordered chicken and king prawn bhunas and jal frezi with tarka dal and peshwari nans and they were all mouth watering.

• keida84's Profile Photo

Blackpool Mandarin: Blackpool Chinese Feast

by keida84 Updated Apr 4, 2011

We walked into the restaurant which had a nice clean lines that gave an air of understated elegance. The table was beautifully presented with chopsticks at each place setting which rested on tiny ceramic fish. The napkins were intricately folded as well. A most pleasant environment to say the least. Until...................a large group of 20 something's all tarted up for a night on the town, burst through the doors and in a matter of seconds with their loud voices and exuberance turned a nice quiet meal into an eye rolling, suppressed giggles kind of meal.

This gave Kit Kat a lot of new material to work with. The one most glaring thing was to hear one of the members of the party exclaim to a young man from Minnesota, US in her best imitation of a "Valley girl." "Oh wow, like you are from the US?" Now the funny thing here is that Minnesota is nowhere near the San Fernando Valley where I grew up and coupled with her Blackpool accent it was nearly virtually impossible for me to keep a straight face. But decency prevailed on my part and I kept my "Valley Girl" to myself.

So if you are ever in Blackpool try this restaurant, who knows maybe the girls will be there again for another celebration!

Favorite Dish: We had a feast of dishes ranging from sweet and sour pork to prawns and soft noodles. All the food was quite decent but what I liked best was the sweet and sour pork was not drenched in sauce rather it was served on the side to allow the diner to control how much sauce you needed.

It struck me odd though, in a country where tea is the national beverage (or so it seems) we never were offered the pot of green tea that usually accompanies every Chinese meal in the US.

• Singles

• Pablo's Diner: The best Fish and Chips EVER

by NickyM Updated Apr 4, 2011

Pablo's is well situated opposite the South Pier. The portions were massive and it was the most tasty fish an chips I've ever had. I'll definitely be returning. it was even great for vegetairans - lods of veggie options

Favorite Dish: The Pablo's special

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

The Cafe Royal: Great pastries

by Britannia2 Written Oct 5, 2010

Great pastries

This is a small modern cafe just inside Red Bank Road opposite Bispham tram station. There are more tables inside than outside but we sat at one of the tables on the forecourt and enjoyed the autumn sun watching the trams go by and the general hustle and bustle of this busy shopping street.
    This is an upmarket cafe - the others around it are mainly fish and chip style cafes - and this is for ladies who lunch or people who like me who like an English cafe to be like an English cafe should be - cafes like this should set the standard.
    The waitress coped well by herself mid morning and was pleasant and friendly. The menu is varied but concentrates on tea and coffee with the most amazing pastries - my vanilla slice was the biggest I had ever seen. A man walked by and said it should have a health warning attached to it. My partners strawberry ice cream was also huge and beautifully presented.
    Recommended.

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

Harry Ramsdens: Famous fish and chip shop

by Britannia2 Written Oct 4, 2010

Harry Ramsdens in Blackpool

Harry Ramsdens is Englands best known fish and chip shop and it was some years since I had visited one and as we were passing one in the rain we went in mainly to keep dry.
    The cafe is large and was full on a wet Sunday lunchtime in early October. The noise levels were horrendous and the clientelle mixed - bored children were offered colouring books and crayons but service was slow and there is little ambience as the tables are packed in as tightly as possible and actually getting to a seat is difficult as you have to ask the person behind you to pull their chair in.
    The food is OK - the fish are small but of good quality and chips are unlimited - you can ask for top ups of chips if you want more. The website link has details of the menu but it is mainly fish and chips which is of course why Harry Ramsdens exisits.
    The bill for two with no desert and no drinks apart from the tea included in the price of the meal was just under £20.00.
    Fine but getting jaded and the firm cannot rest on past reputation.
    Due to the rain the photo is from the internet.

• henry14's Profile Photo

Harry Ramsdens: Avoid - poor quality aimed at tourists.

by henry14 Written Aug 22, 2010

Harry Ramsdens markets itself as upmarket fish and chips. The Blackpool shop is on the promenade between North and Central Pier, close to the Tower.

Being local I wouldnt normally be eating in that area but had visitors who wanted to try it. Poor choice. The restaurant itself is looking tired and shabby these days and also a bit grubby. But the real disappointment is the food - regular fish and chips comes in at around £8 but is a small portion. Chips were rubbery, as if they'd been stood warming for ages and the small fish was mainly batter. The staff try and push the large size dishes, but the quality of this was also less than expected - a bigger fish, but again a lot of batter.

I drive past regularly and notice that it often looks quite busy, but in this location I'm guessing it will be tourists so the restaurant probably dont care too much about quality as they wont be coming back.

Avoid - there are plenty of other places nearby and for quality fish and chips, walk 5 mins inland to Topping Street and Yorkshire Fisheries, Blackpools oldest chippy.

• Seniors

Instant Answers: Blackpool

Comments

Blackpool Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Blackpool restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Blackpool sightseeing.