Blackpool Sports & Outdoors

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

Golfing mecca

by sourbugger Updated May 25, 2005

Looks easy enough to me ...seve

Just south of Blackpool lies St Annes, which is home to the Royal Lytham and St Anne's golf course.

Nine British opens have been played there, with another due in 2006. One of the most memorable opens occured here when Seve Ballesteros dramatically won. His repertoire of winning shots included one out of the Car Park !

At a hundred pounds a round for visitors (mon-thurs) you would want to be serious about your golf to play the immaculate course. On the other hand you will find 50 or more golf courses within 20 miles of the Open course.

• Golf

• solopes's Profile Photo

Dance

by solopes Updated Jul 20, 2014
    Tower of Blackpool

Yes, it is a sport, and one of the best. So good, that dancing was the reason that took me to Blackpool, and, maybe, that will make me return to Blackpool.

Dancing in the fabulous ballroom in the tower was one of my purposes, but I couldn't satisfy it because... shopping is more important, and I entered alone.

Next time, if there will be a next time, she will follow in chains, but, till then, if you go there, would you mind to dedicate me one of your dances?

Instant Answers: Blackpool

Comments

Blackpool Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Blackpool sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Blackpool sightseeing.