Leicester Restaurants

A lovely lunch!

Most Recent Restaurants in Leicester

• Attic Restaurant: Stunning views, excellent food

by sholden Written Jul 20, 2014

This restaurant is one of Leicestershire's hidden gems. Overlooking the beautiful leicestershire countryside, the views are simply stunning. We were fortunate enough to visit on a sunny day so we started dinner with cocktails on the terrace. Ambience is very relaxing. Staff very attentive. The food... Wow! Sourced locally and freshly cooked. I had the portobello mushroom, followed my sea bass and chocolate, almond chilli tart. Definitely worth a visit.

Favorite Dish: Chocolate chilli tart

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

The Good Earth: Wholesome and Homemade Food!

by spidermiss Updated May 8, 2014
    The Good Earth Restaurant, Leicester

I accidentally stumbled across this restaurant situated on a side street off Halford Street, Leicester City Centre. I decided as and then I'll have my lunch there and didn't regret it!

I loved the cosy and homely ambiance of the restaurant. The restaurant has a countryside feel with its farmhouse artifacts, furniture and so forth. The Good Earth prides itself in homemade vegetarian fayre. The restaurant is opened over lunch times which a choice of vegetarian food including a salad buffet and homemade desserts and baked goodies.

I highly recommend this restaurant for its wholesome homemade food and cosy atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the Mediterranean vegetables flan with salad, picked from its buffet. I also ordered homemade lemonade and a coffee after my meal. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal.

The total came around 12 gbp (April 2014).

• littlebush's Profile Photo

Mam Saab: posh curry

by littlebush Updated Dec 8, 2011

in the centre of town, very busy and popular-a little pricey and a little posh but good food
    £195 for of us but only 2 were drinking
    includes a 10% service charge

update one year later, dec 2011 - still good, recommend the ostrich starter. £69 for 2 of us (just 4 beers). good food, ok service.

• littlebush's Profile Photo

Feast India: Feast India

by littlebush Written Nov 8, 2011

Mainly Indian but also they do chinese and even some small pizza.
    ITs a large buffet place just outside of thurmaston(i think)
    you pay £15 and eat as much as you like but its better than most buffet places - the food is genuinely good and theres so so much choice.
    very good.

• irfan.in.tx's Profile Photo

Kayal: Kerala (South Indian) cuisine near the station

by irfan.in.tx Updated Jun 4, 2009

This restaurant serves Kerala and south Indian cuisine, which is different from the usual curr-house fare in the U.K. The service is impeccable, and the quality of food is very high. The norm is mild, but if you want it spicy, ask and they will oblige. Kerala cuisine is particularly known for its seafood dishes, and these are very good here.

• irfan.in.tx's Profile Photo

Nando's: Portugese Chcken

by irfan.in.tx Written Jun 4, 2009

This is a national chain. I visited their location on Granby St., across from the train station. The peri peri grilled chicken was nice, the sides are OK. Good service with cheerful employees.

Favorite Dish: Peri peri chicken

• PrincessMonja's Profile Photo

Bobby's: Veggie Delight

by PrincessMonja Written Jun 19, 2007

When we visit Leicester we like to go to Bobby's and get lots of Indian snacks to take away. They are fantastic (we buy extra and freeze them as we live in an area devoid of good Indian food!).

Bobby's has savoury and sweet snacks along with a sit down buffet and a restaurant upstairs.

The food is great - we usually just ask for a selection of snacks, so we don't know what is what, but their website has lots of menu info to help you!

Favorite Dish: The special chaat is always a favourite along with chilli paneer - yum!

Indian Restaurants

by Carmela71 Updated Nov 14, 2003

ok, Leicester is the place to enjoy a good indian meal, try any of the restuarnats of London Road or Melton road ....

Sorry I had forgotten their names, but I miss indian food, really, in Spain we do not have so good ones ....

UPDATES The owner of the new indian restaurant in Marbella had studied in Leicester as well, so we spend some time talking about the good times of university lol NOW we have a good indian in Marbella

Actually the best one i have tried was my housemate fathers one... he is from Pakistan, and it was lovely

Some of my favorites

by Carmela71 Written Aug 13, 2003

The Rum Runner a Creole restaurant which often features Cajun and Salsa bands.

Upstairs is Que Pasa, a lively Mexican cantina popular with students. Great as it is with a standard buffet lol Only to go if you feel hungry.

Ops I remeber last time I was there, there was a new Italian one at Gramby stret, it was phantastic...

For Greek cuisine go to Babylonia

Favorite Dish: There are so many good Indian restaurants in Leicester that you could visit a different one almost every week for a year, but among the most up-market are The Curry Pot, The Rise Of The Raj and The Curry House. The Laguna Tandoori is highly recommended in The Good Curry Guide and rated second best in Britain by The Sun!

Cafe Bruxeles

by Carmela71 Updated Nov 12, 2003
    Nera, Francis and me

Apart of a beautiful building, it was a pleasure to have after a hard day shopping lol a nice sandwich there lol ....

Also nice atmosphere for some drinks till 11.00 downstaris...

Instant Answers: Leicester

Comments

Leicester Restaurants

leics's Profile Photo
You'll find restaurants serving food from many, many different cultures in Leicester (though you'll have to travel to Hinckley or Nuneaton if you want to 'eat Gurkha'), Standard English 'pub grub',...