Skegness Warnings and Dangers

• Pilgrim Hospital or Communist security agency?
    Pilgrim Hospital or Communist security...
    by sourbugger
  • Warnings and Dangers
    by Nixter01

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Skegness

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

Cross my palm with silver, dearie

by sourbugger Updated Jun 24, 2005

of course you are. I believe you.

Whilst it may be seen as some as a piece of harmless fun on a seaside jolly, to others it is dabbling in the the dark arts that should not concern us mere mortals...

What is Sourbugger blithering on about ?

Having your palm read by some wizened old crone comes under my defintion of a warning or danger. What makes some sane, sensible person to throw cash at a old
    bag who smells of cat widdle , who will proceed tell you that you will have a long and happy life because your right hand is a bit creased is beyond me.

What upper rubbish, claptrap, piffle and balderdash will spout forth from her gnarled lips.

P.S if the woman in the picture reads this, then I'm sure she is a true professional who would never tell a white lie to anyone for cash. Alledgedly.

• Theme Park Trips

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

Be warned..you may just have a taste lapse

by sourbugger Written Jun 20, 2005

Buying things that are in bad taste is the very essence of seaside resorts like Skeggy.

Caputured here in a shop that is supposed to be a pirates cave or smugglers den I found a garden ornament in quite equisite poor taste.

Just how would this look in rosebed ? Would it impress the mother-in-law ? I think not.

• Nixter01's Profile Photo

Tidal Currents

by Nixter01 Written Nov 29, 2003

It may not be Surf here but its a definate no, no not to be wandering on the beach when the tide is slowly coming in, as you can so easily get surrounded, and when this happens its panic stations gallore. I did it many years ago, stood watching the sea, a man shouted me and I looked round to see what he wanted and he was telling me that I had been circled by the sea although I still had the sand beneath my feet and for a few feet in fron of me. It was VERY frightening and something for everyone to be weary of

• Beaches

Don't have an accident

by sourbugger Updated Sep 15, 2003

Pilgrim Hospital or Communist security agency?

Despite the fact that there can be up to a quarter of a million people in Skeggy on a summer weekend there is no Accident & Emergency cover in the evening & weekends.

But don't worry it's only 27 miles to the Local Hospital in Boston.

I have a sneaking suspicion that there is planing in this - so if you do get glassed after looking at someone "a bit funny" - enjoy the bloodletting.

Instant Answers: Skegness

Comments

Skegness Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Skegness warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Skegness sightseeing.